What did you do to your camper today?

pegmikef

With much help from my son I actually completed two small projects in the last two or three days.

The first was to replace the OEM installed sewer hose storage tube that was installed at the factory and literally broke off and disappeared somewhere between San Angelo, TX and Cortez, Co. This is all that was left of the storage tube when I got to Cortez.

pipepieces.jpg

I ordered a replacement tube from Heartland and installed it, only this time I used what I call plumber's tape (used for hanging pipes) around both tubes. Since the tube bracket was still screwed in I just used the screws holding the tubes to anchor the tape. I did this at both ends and I am hoping that the little bit of added support will either keep the tube from breaking. If not, it should keep both ends from breaking at the same time or at least hold the tube in place so I can maybe salvage my sewer hose.

pipeafter1.jpg pipeafter2.jpg

The second project was to install a Furion wireless backup camera on the rear of my Big Horn. After reviewing several threads and discussions on how to connect it (new rigs are prewired and already have the bracket mounted), I opted to go along with "jesstalkin's" opinion and hooked into the center running light wiring. It was a pretty simple install (about an hour). First, make sure the camera and monitor are paired (i.e., when powered on you see the camera's video on the monitor). If they are not paired, follow the instructions to do so. The following are the basic installation steps we followed;

-remove the running light to expose the wiring
-drill about a half inch hole below the light where camera is to be mounted
-thread bare end of provided pigtail through the gasket and then fish the bare end from the lower hole to the light opening
-cut the threaded wire to a reasonable length (I left about a foot of slack)
-connect the pigtail wires to the appropriate wires on the light (we soldered ours) and insulate them from each other (tape or shrink tubing)
-using the gasket as a guide, drill the four mounting screw holes, plug the pigtail into the camera, and screw the camera bracket to the trailer.
-connect your trailer electric to your truck, power up the monitor, and turn on the running lights, you should see the video, adjust the camera's angle as needed (I used a couple of cones to help determine the angle I liked)
-if all is well, turn off the running lights and reinstall the running light and disconnect the electric from your truck as desired.

The camera I installed is https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-FOS4...2328313&sr=8-1&keywords=furrion+backup+camera and it works very well. The signal in the truck is strong and the picture is clear.

backupCamera.jpg

rahewett

Today was wash the rv day. Started with cleaning the roof. Then the rest of the Wilderness got a good scrubbing down to get the roof residue off. Finally cleaned the awning with a mixture of about a quarter cup of bleach, cup of crud cutter and 2 gallons of water in a pump sprayer. Almost didn't get a chance to tool it up it worked so well. Looks like a new awning. Next job is some waxing and then Lucas Slick Mist.

Sent from my XT1093 using Tapatalk

yport

Made an appointment with Lazy Days in Tampa, FL to store our 2014 Big Horn for 2+ months (taking down in mid October from Cape Cod) until we return after Christmas for the winter. While there they will be replacing ALL of our carpeting, getting rid of the lower quality loop carpet for a better quality non -loop. Our German Shepherd's claws catch loops and give us some nice pulls.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Went to the Longmont, Colorado Camping World and picked up a third MaxxAir vent cover to finish up last weeks project.

Installed it when I got home:

ProwlerMaxxAirBRbefore-P1010885.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirBRdone-P1010892.jpg ProwlerMaxxAirAllDone-P1010896.jpg

I also picked up another louvered furnace vent cover for the bathroom . . . will install that tomorrow!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:

Are you in a hot air balloon taking these pictures? I am suspecting its a drone shot !!
Nice shots.

Doublegranch

Installed Lippert's Waste Mgmt System on both drains for the Sundance.
Then installed a Pure Flow Water Filter in the basement. Since no previous experience with a 5th wheel or basement, not sure if this is the correct way to install a water system...any suggestions?
I will add another 90 elbow on the inlet side so the hose will not be kinked when the door is shut.

Attachments

• P7240017.jpg
    P7240017.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 120
  • P7240019.jpg
    P7240019.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 120
  • P7240020.jpg
    P7240020.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 121

Doublegranch

Hmmmm....Just paid the AZ taxes and license for the new Sundance!!!
The "Aussie" Girls aren't very happy as I told them part was coming out of their allowance!
Shock n Awe!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hmmmm....Just paid the AZ taxes and license for the new Sundance!!!
The "Aussie" Girls aren't very happy as I told them part was coming out of their allowance!
Shock n Awe!

I just got my new tags for the Prowler last week . . . $545!

Last year (1st. time for plates) they were $795!

My truck comes up in October . . . I'm guessing around $600.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I just got my renewal on my 2014 Silverado, it is $512. Glad I didn't have to pay as much as JohnD for his Prowler.:D

Bones

Installed Lippert's Waste Mgmt System on both drains for the Sundance.
Then installed a Pure Flow Water Filter in the basement. Since no previous experience with a 5th wheel or basement, not sure if this is the correct way to install a water system...any suggestions?
I will add another 90 elbow on the inlet side so the hose will not be kinked when the door is shut.
Looks good to me

pegmikef

Earlier in the week my Dish Tailgater antenna of five years died and of course the replacement antenna is a different shape so it wouldn't fit the custom mount I made for my MoRyde pin box. I salvaged the frame from the old one and welded some custom cross member on the frame to accommodate the new one. Fits like a glove.

Attachments

• tg3.jpg
    tg3.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 100
  • tg2.jpg
    tg2.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 98
  • modifiedmount.jpg
    modifiedmount.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 114
  • newantenna.jpg
    newantenna.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 95

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Added a shelf to the rear half of each propane compartment. Did it because I could and I wanted to. Not 100% sure what I'll carry there, maybe my WD40, silicone spray, etc. we'll see...
f82cf5ff088d7211efd55787f1988b4b.jpg

22ead080cb567300aa59fd8cf34cc168.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Added a shelf to the rear half of each propane compartment. Did it because I could and I wanted to. Not 100% sure what I'll carry there, maybe my WD40, silicone spray, etc. we'll see..

When John installed my disc brakes they installed the pump and fluid reservoir in the propane compartment.

Attachments

• propanecompartment.jpg
    propanecompartment.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 73

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
When John installed my disc brakes they installed the pump and fluid reservoir in the propane compartment.

Yep. Saw that too at our regional rally when Chris C had them installed on his BC. Nothing I did will hinder my installation of same when I do my disc brake upgrade next summer.
I think my pump will go on the DS of the BH so I can run my brake line down along the top of that I-beam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk