What is this bar at the bottom of the screen??

jbeletti

We're looking into this again. The system is used by some forum members so I hate to shut it down.

I think there is a way to close the chat bar, by the user. So we're looking into that now.

Jim

linuxkidd

So, we've now added the ability to hide the bar. On the right hand side of the Comet Chat bar, you'll notice a double down arrow icon. Click this and the bar will be reduced to a single icon on the right hand side. Click that single icon to bring the bar back.

Also, we've enabled the 'Games' module ( the Radio-Active icon in the bar ) for those of you that enjoy gaming online. Unfortunately, the games are preceded by an ad of some sort. We do NOT make any money from this ad. It is put there by the company hosting the games in order to keep the games free.

We've also enabled a new feature that allows detection of mobile devices and removes the bar on those devices.

Please let us know how this works for everyone.

Thanks,
LK

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, I was gone all day yesterday and when I got on the forum last night,the bar was gone and I have looked at the right hand side of the screen where 'the whos on line" was and I don't see a single icon.Also at the top of the page where we log in,the user name,password,notifications,log out,etc is all there before I log in,,but once I log in ,it disappears.Now if I drop the cursor down under the tool bar,right under the "Whats New" section,as I slide the cursor across each item does appear and then disappears.Is this as it should be?I do use the one on one chat alot, so I would like to get that up and going again.I guess I am just missing the icon.Can someone help me?

Last edited:

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Ok, I was gone all day yesterday and when I got on the forum last night,the bar was gone and I have looked at the right hand side of the screen where 'the whos on line" was and I don't see a single icon.Also at the top of the page where we log in,the user name,password,notifications,log out,etc is all there before I log in,,but once I log in ,it disappears.Now if I drop the cursor down under the tool bar,right under the "Whats New" section,as I slide the cursor across each item does appear and then disappears.Is this as it should be?I do use the one on one chat alot, so I would like to get that up and going again.I guess I am just missing the icon.Can someone help me?
Ok,I am replying to my own post. Does that mean I am talking to myself? Well forget the above post.I now have the tool bar at the bottom of the page and the option to not have it.I don't know if it made a difference or what happened, but I deleted my cookies a minute ago. The log in stuff I spoke about is still the same,but that change doesn't really bother me.