Which wall to locate television mount?

sjs731

We have a 2012 3300CK and are wondering which wall in the main bedroom a tv wall mount should (the exterior wall or the wall with the cable outlet and AC outlet) go on or is setting one on the counter on top of the drawers the only option? Obviously it will have to be an arm mount on either of the walls.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I would stain a nice piece of interior plywood (or a nice solid like oak or poplar) to match my cabinets and attach it to the interior wall (where the outlets are) with some strong butteryfly type bolts, then put a swivel arm type mount on that. Should give you a nice solid surface for holding the TV.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Take a look at the slide show of the interior of the 3300CK on the Heartlandrvs web site. It shows a triangular shelf mounted.
If that is not an option for you, and if I were you, I would mount the articulating arm to that front closed wall. If it is a solid wall you should be good to go. If it is just thin plywood you most likely could put some solid backing behind that wall an mount into that.
Let us know what you finally wind up doing.

Peace
Dave

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I would stain a nice piece of interior plywood (or a nice solid like oak or poplar) to match my cabinets and attach it to the interior wall (where the outlets are) with some strong butteryfly type bolts, then put a swivel arm type mount on that. Should give you a nice solid surface for holding the TV.

I'll second this method. You want to distribute the load further than just the VESA spread on the arm, if mounting to the thin interior wallboard. Exterior walls are the same, just with styrofoam behind the thin wallboard.