2107 Cyclone 4114 GFCI Power Outage

Davesig

Had my GFCI lose power last night. All GFCI outlets in my rig are out of service. I checked the main outlet in the bathroom, tested and reset just fine, still nothing. All fuses and circuit breakers are set. I even powered down everything, tripped all the breakers and reset them, pulled all fuses and checked, nothing. Happened last night during a cold spell when I had a small electric heater plugged in. Woke up this morning and no GFCI power throughout the trailer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi Dave,

It could be a problem on the back side of the GFCI outlet; loose wire for example.

Another possibility is a loose wire under one of the slides. There are junction boxes under the slides through which much of the power is routed. If you're going to investigate the junction boxes, either use a non-contact voltage tester, or probe with power disconnected to make sure you don't get shocked.

david-steph2018

Had the same issue one time.
I found an electrical extension cord had a broken lead and was causing the issue. GFCI tripped I go in reset and it would trip right away. So the last thing I plugged in was the cord. Unplugged it and reset the GFCi and it held. Took the plug apart and seen were the wire was broken touching the other lead in it.

Davesig

Thank you for your input.

I troubleshot the voltage and I have 120 coming into the plug but nothing coming out. The GFCI seems to be working properly as it trips when I push the test button and the reset clicks back in to place afterwards but the green light does not come on. I'm going to try replacing the main GFCI plug/switch and hope that works.

Dave

Davesig

Well, that was it. Even though the test and reset was working (popping and resetting) it wasn't allowing power through. Replaced the main GFCI plug/switch and everything is working great. Switch just went bad.