4006 - Island gfi outlet dead

FL-JOE

As far as I can tell I have these gfi outlets in the bathroom, kitchen, and wet bay. They don’t have any reset buttons or lights, just the label. One breaker marked “gfi”. The island gfi went out a couple days ago, others work. Flipped breaker off and on but no change. Am I missing another gfi that possibly has a reset button on the 4006 modrl?

Bogie

If the breaker is in fact a GFCI breaker, it would be protecting all of the outlets connected to it (those labeled GFCI). You wouldn't have a plug with a test and reset button. So it's likely you have a connection problem. Turn the breaker off, check each outlet to be sure it's off, then pull out each of the GFCI outlets and look for a loose connection.

danemayer

The only household or RV arrangement I've seen is for there to be a primary GFCI outlet with Test and Reset buttons, and other protected outlets wired downstream from the primary. The downstream outlets are protected by the circuitry in the primary. Occasionally you'll find more than one GFCI primary, where more than one outlet has Test/Reset buttons.

GFCI outlets are typically found in areas where the outlet could possibly get wet. Exterior outlets are usually also protected. And most often, the primary is located in the bathroom. But if yours isn't, keep looking. 2nd bathroom? Exterior sink? Pass through basement storage?

mlpeloquin

If the outlet is not a GFI with the reset and test button, then it could be a wire had back off the insulation displacement connection of that outlet or another socket. You will have to disconnect the power, remove the socket, carefully open the back and check. I had one that did just that and finding where the open wire became fun. It was not in the dead socket, but in another in the line. They maybe wired in series or not. My open was in a socket with three romex connections.

FL-JOE

Now have power back to outlet. Will be checking all junction boxes I can find. Few months ago I inspected the one under the outdoor griddle and all the connections were good.

danemayer

Now have power back to outlet. Will be checking all junction boxes I can find. Few months ago I inspected the one under the outdoor griddle and all the connections were good.
If it cam back by itself, check your shore power cord connection to the trailer.

FL-JOE

I doubt my cord, cord reel, or connection would cause one outlet out of 15 to drop power. Three a/c units, w/d units, and microwave have all been fine.

danemayer

I doubt my cord, cord reel, or connection would cause one outlet out of 15 to drop power. Three a/c units, w/d units, and microwave have all been fine.
If all 3 A/C units worked, then both power legs were likely powered, so no, it probably wasn't a problem with 1 power leg dropping.

FL-JOE

Another 4006 Cyclone owner on here found bad connections in junction boxes, plus I believe he found Heartland was stuffing too many wires into the wrong size wire nuts. So far the only place I found this same sloppy dangerous wiring was in my kitchen ceiling fan.

Will keep checking and repairing as I find more Heartland “craftsmanship”.

wdk450

You might call Heartland Service with your VIN at the ready to see if they know if they used GFI breakers, or where the master GFI outlet should be in your rig.