Bathroom Faucets

Bonanza53

Would it be possible to swap out the cheap bathroom faucet in my 2015 Sundance 5th wheel with a residential faucet without changing the plumbing connections?

danemayer

You should take a close look at the fittings under the sink and maybe take pictures on your smart phone. When shopping for a replacement fixture, check that the fittings are compatible. When I changed out our kitchen faucet, I had to buy some adapters.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes you can. We followed what jesstalkn did to his Landmark 365 in getting a Moen faucet. We also got a couple of Sharp clamps which was the same as what Jesse did, adding one on each water line under the sink. Now we can turn off the water line if we need to.
3-21-16 faucet.jpg

mlpeloquin

Replaced ours as well with residential faucets in the bathroom and kitchen. We did not have to purchase adapters.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
1f5b3dfe5ed6b23a8e7802ad3a80b784.jpg

We did the same with our bath faucet. This is a Price Pfister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mixie57

What about the shower faucet? Ours is losing its brushed nickel finish and we discovered it now leaks

This is the faucet I would like to replace.

Tapatalk
910d3396efd9ee754306c8128a27d8f1.jpg

Last edited:

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I just replaced ours with this high rise neck, making it easier to access the basin. The neck also swivels which allows full use of the basin. I got it at Lowes for $50.

IMG_0317.jpg

Last edited:

mlpeloquin

We just picked up a new Oxygenics Fury from Camping World:

View attachment 49955

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/fury-handheld-shower-nickel/83903

Haven't installed it yet, but everyone I know that has one loves it!

Did the same, but purchased it on line with free shipping for a lower cost. We liked it so much we replaced out S&B Water Pick shower head with the same one.

- - - Updated - - -

i just joined forum and sounds fun and great info!

Welcome and check out the Heartland Owners Manuals under Tools/HOM, and Heartland Users Guides under Tools/HUG.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/?man=User Guides

Bonanza53

Thanks for the feedback. Most of you have the big fancy rigs. We have the kind of sink that doesn't have a drain pop up lever. So it's not looking like I can install a residential faucet but will have to go with the plastic rv type.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Thanks for the feedback. Most of you have the big fancy rigs. We have the kind of sink that doesn't have a drain pop up lever. So it's not looking like I can install a residential faucet but will have to go with the plastic rv type.

If you buy a residential replacement it will come with a new tailpiece for the drain whether it's a pull up rod or like many today a push/snap drain stopper.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it's a two supply line faucet with 4" between them and the sink has 3 holes for the faucet, a residential will work. You do not need to connect the drain plug mechanism if your plumbing does not have one. If you wanted one, it would only require changing the pipe section directly under the sink.

MagnoliaTom

What about the shower faucet? Ours is losing its brushed nickel finish and we discovered it now leaks

This is the faucet I would like to replace.

Tapatalk
910d3396efd9ee754306c8128a27d8f1.jpg

I don't think anyone answered this question.

I do not believe you can replace that tub faucet with anything but another RV tub faucet. It is basically a sink faucet on the wall. Now, if you are a plumber or handy and you had good access to the back side of the shower valve, you could swap it out but I haven't seen anyone do that yet. I've only seen new shower heads

Bonanza53

If it's a two supply line faucet with 4" between them and the sink has 3 holes for the faucet, a residential will work. You do not need to connect the drain plug mechanism if your plumbing does not have one. If you wanted one, it would only require changing the pipe section directly under the sink.

Thanks for that advice. I didn't know but that will work!