Bighorn - Level Up Leveling System

Westwind

I understand that this is a Lippert System but am I able to have this system installed on my new2012 Bighorn without voiding the warranty? Are there any Heartland dealers on the East Coast that install this system? If so who are they? Do I have to go to
Lippert in Indiana to have it installed? Thanks for answering the questions.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Re: ATF: Bighorn - Level Up Leveling System

I have looked into this system and spoke to Lippert the other day. There are currently only 2 installation locations. One in FL, General RV, and the other is the factory. They did say that they are working on qualifying other General RV locations. but they did not provide a time line but indicated it was well underway. Now General does not really help you and I at all here in NE.

I can not address the Warranty status.

Kevin

PS: Welcome to the "club" Nice to have another New England owner ...

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

According to a Lippert ad in the September issue of Trailer Life, they now have installation locations in TX, FL, AZ, MI as well as the Goshen location.
But again, that dont help you in the northeast.

Peace
Dave

ihsolutions

General RV installing a level-up system?

That's a bit like going to a family practice physician for brain surgery. Well maybe not the physician himself, but his nurse.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

General RV installing a level-up system?

That's a bit like going to a family practice physician for brain surgery. Well maybe not the physician himself, but his nurse.

Why not? I get my rig serviced by General RV, Birch Run, and have not had a problem with their work. How many times have you had work done by General RV? Or are you relying on anecdotal information?

jayc

Legendary Member

I understand that the DeMondtrond family of RV dealerships is being trained for Level Up work to be done. I've seen their work on SOB's and wouldn't let them add air to my tires!

ihsolutions

Why not? I get my rig serviced by General RV, Birch Run, and have not had a problem with their work. How many times have you had work done by General RV? Or are you relying on anecdotal information?

I've had my coach into General RV five times. Never again. In all five trips, with a combined (estimated) 25 total items needing repair, they have successfully repaired ZERO. I'm not necessarily blaming the technicians. They are forced to be pseudo-experts in a lot of different things, which means they aren't really good at anything. For example they have no idea how to diagnose or repair a non-operating furnace. And I am to trust them to install a Level-up system???

Of the five times I had my coach at General, twice it has come back with a completely dead battery, and twice it has come back with both propane tanks completely empty. Of those two times, they even had the nerve to charge me for a refill, even though they still returned it empty.

I'm sure if you need only minor repairs they do a decent job. In general though, the warranty service model for this industry is badly broken. So there is plenty of blame to go around. For anything I can possibly do myself, I will... trusting General RV is not an option for me, and there aren't any other dealers in my area who are any better (based on anecdotal evidence).

JohnDar

That's too bad, Jeff. They (Birch Run, anyways) have been good to me. From an all inclusive PDI to fixing things right the first time, including warranty work. The service advisor I've dealt with (Jackie P.) is both personable and professional. She always offers that I look over the rig and come back in to sign off on the repairs and/or work requested. I have not found any instance of repairs being charged and not done, or not done to my satisfaction. Never a rush to "sign here and get out of here."

But from what I've read on these forums about the Level-Up, I wouldn't want it no matter who installed it. And it doesn't sound like Lippert is all that good with installing it, either.

ihsolutions

John, in all fairness, I haven't been to the Birch Run location, but I have been to a few of the others, both for sales and service. All experiences were bad. Perhaps if I order that new gold-colored Big Country, I will give Birch Run a try. My wife would appreciate any excuse to visit those outlet malls. And if I'm going to get sucked into going with her, I might as well have my 400sf coach with me, so I have somewhere to sit besides those darned stores! :)

JohnDar

John, in all fairness, I haven't been to the Birch Run location, but I have been to a few of the others, both for sales and service. All experiences were bad. Perhaps if I order that new gold-colored Big Country, I will give Birch Run a try. My wife would appreciate any excuse to visit those outlet malls. And if I'm going to get sucked into going with her, I might as well have my 400sf coach with me, so I have somewhere to sit besides those darned stores! :)

When you do, give us a shout. We'll meet you there. If nothing else, a dinner at the Bavarian Inn force you to loosen your belt a notch or two. If she's a Christmas decorating fanatic, Bronner's in Frankenmuth will rub the numbers off all of your charge cards.

As for General in Birch Run, my saleswoman (Lisa K.) is no longer there. She moved to International RV since her husband works there. She was at the Bay City facility, but yesterday on our way to the campground we stopped at their Gaylord store for a tube of caulk. And there she was...big hugs. Seems her hubby took over as manager in Gaylord and she's working out of that store now. And International RV is a Heartland dealer, too. I know I could pull in there if I needed to and she'd look after me.

ihsolutions

When you do, give us a shout. We'll meet you there. If nothing else, a dinner at the Bavarian Inn force you to loosen your belt a notch or two. If she's a Christmas decorating fanatic, Bronner's in Frankenmuth will rub the numbers off all of your charge cards.

LOL! Actually when my wife and I got married 8 years ago, we had our reception at Zehnder's. So we know the food well. I've got a couple extra inches on the waist to prove it. Then last weekend, my younger brother got married in Frankenmuth at the Rose Garden, with a reception at the brewery, which was awesome.

Thankfully we manage to avoid Bronner's most times. Every time we go there I get lost and separated from my group. When I finally find them again, I'm shocked to find them with a cart full of expensive decorations that *I* get to put up and take down every year.

jayc

Legendary Member

We visited both places earlier this summer with some friends who are from Michigan.

macjj

Getting back to the original question - does the installation of the 6 point Lippert "Level-Up" system conform to the warrenty restrictions. Have yet to get a response from Hartland. They (or someone) moved my question from"Ask the factory

Jim from CA

jimtoo

Getting back to the original question - does the installation of the 6 point Lippert "Level-Up" system conform to the warrenty restrictions. Have yet to get a response from Hartland. They (or someone) moved my question from"Ask the factory

Jim from CA

Hi macjj or Jim,

I would suggest you make a phone call to Heartland Customer Service, 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 or to Lippert Components Inc., 866-524-7821. It is free and you will have your answer.

Jim M

Bobby A

As for General in Birch Run, my saleswoman (Lisa K.) is no longer there. She moved to International RV since her husband works there. She was at the Bay City facility, but yesterday on our way to the campground we stopped at their Gaylord store for a tube of caulk. And there she was...big hugs. Seems her hubby took over as manager in Gaylord and she's working out of that store now. And International RV is a Heartland dealer, too. I know I could pull in there if I needed to and she'd look after me.

Hi John, I just read this post and was surprised your saleperson was Lisa K, I new her also when she was at Birch Run and tried to order my coach from her, but she never got the message so I had to order it from Gillette in Lansing. Its good to know she is in Gaylord, I did run into her at a show and she told me she was with International RV. I will give her a shot if and when I order my new Heartland product, she's a good gal.