Bighorn MSRP

esscobra

my point exactly- got rid of Ashland- floor plans have less storage and counter space than my bighorn- and heavier with no real benefits- I easily could have bought landmark, maybe even cheaper than my bighorn- so in essence they will lose more sales rather than get more landmark sales- the should make designers spend time in units - they used several of my ideas that I fought and paid for as options into productin units- even one of my suggestions changed the 3890ss model - they should have had mr beletti do a survey first or maybe mr monatgue should postup like andy does for the landmarks

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Although we are looking a few years out, Bighorn with full body paint was the direction we were leaning. We also are looking to downsize a bit and the floorplans under 39 foot are very few and far between.

Aandaar

One thing I do know is wait about a year or so and they will change their mind and probably bring it back. Also for the money you paid HL for FB you can always pay a local shop to paint it and probably get a better quality paint job. For the money spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oregon_Camper

Say WHAT!! No more full body paint on Bighorns? I'd never consider another trailer without it. Heartland...this is a bad decision.

We LOVE our how our Bighorn looks with FBP...and we get compliments all the time.

20170816_192141 (1).jpg

Oregon_Camper

Hey OC,

Off topic, but man what a beautiful campsite!!!

Yes, my wife and I call this "fancy" camping. We bookdock most of the time...so this was a huge luxury for us. We spent 14 days in the site you can see in my signature picture. Of those 14 days, 9 were over 100 degrees, and we had no power..water..sewer hookups. Then we treated ourselves to 7 nights in the RV Resort. WOW!!

Here is a link to my Google drive where I edited a video of the entrance to the RV Resort (Bend Oregon...Crown Villa RV Resort)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzxEvZw2XQ1MNnRFa09MQ1lhZkk

edit...not sure why, but you can only view in standard definition. It was recorded and edited in 4k. ???

CoveredWagon

Ok I've gotta jump in on this full body paint thing. I have to admit that full body paint jobs look very sharp, even striking. However they aren't for everyone. We personally like the standard oyster color of our Rv white, maybe not so much. If full body paint were standard we'd have loved it too. To us it was all about the inside, on that I bet we all agree.

SLO

I'm sure they have a good reason for dropping FBP......but......I wouldn't buy another Bighorn without it and I don't think that would push me to a Landmark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don't think FBP was available when we bought our rig. Hasn't affected the function or our use of it in 9 years, probably won't affect it in the future.

dennych1

Re: Bighorn MSRP FBP

Well in 2014 I bought my Big Horn and the did offer FBP was disappointed I said my next Big Horn would have it and now they did away with it as option. Why it doesn't cost them to offer it. Would not go up to Landmark to much money. Hopefully when ready to buy new Big Horn they bring it back. Otherwise maybe another brand????:(:(

DougS

Doug S
I agree with Ricky and Cinder. Next time around we would require Full Body paint and we would not want to give up the options which you can not get in the Landmark like a use able under 36 foot RV and a propane/electric refrigerator.
We are in a local campground now and yesterday we gave a tour of our RV, when they commented on our full body paint and I told them HL was stopping full body paint, their comment was too bad we are looking for full body paint.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

NYSUPstater

Just happen to see a tad older BC at same campground we were at this past w/e and IMO, doesn't make a difference who makes it, they do look nice. To some tho, the extra $$$ associated w/ it, only makes it look good and that extra $$$ could go towards other things. Just my $.02.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Grand Design Solitude will be offering full body paint soon. Gee the competition is doing it, why take it away?

424a599b537c7932a4e646e219c8f52b.jpg

esscobra

keystone is offering it as well- prefer the larger shower and extra cabinets/storage in bathroom over landmark- as well as the added drawers/shelves/cabinets safe in my bighorn- which is much nicer than the plain empty side walls in landmark

T

TomMontague

Good afternoon everyone... This is Tom Montague the GM for Bighorn. I just wanted to take a few minutes to respond to the post about Full Body Paint going away. We try and carefully make our decisions based on facts and history. I looked at the Full Body Paint usage report for the last 5 years to determine what impact if any this would have on our customer base. The amount of FBP coaches has increased slightly but the overall percentage was less than 2% of all Bighorns receive FBP. Based on this information and the difficulties it causes us at the plant I decided to kill the option.

I'm working hard to streamline the order process to not only make it easy for retail customers to order product but to make it easier for dealers to stock and therefore decreasing the time it takes to deliver to the customers.

I'm listening however - like on disc brakes & wet bolt kits - this is now a factory option on all Bighorns moving forward. I know this was a hot topic at the Owners Rally this year.

Keep the conversations rolling... I'm watching even though I don't always respond.

Talk Soon

Tom Montague

Oregon_Camper

Based on this information and the difficulties it causes us at the plant I decided to kill the option.

Is it possible to share what are the difficulties you have in your plant, that other RV manufactures don't? I see more manufactures offer FBP (see above as an example) but Heartland is moving away from this. What about offering a Bighorn with nothing on the RV, and then consumers could take the $$$ we would have paid Heartland and give it to a local company to paint the RV?

While not ruling out a Landmark as our next RV (many years from now), I would eliminate Bighorn from any consideration without it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I've had WAY too many issue with our prior trailer and all their labels peeling off over the years and creating a very ugly RV.

Without FPB on Bighorn, we'll probably look harder at a motorhome than Landmark. Don't get me wrong...the Landmarks are BEAUTIFUL 5th wheels, I just never found a floorplan in the Landmark lineup (and under 38') that fits our needs.

esscobra

since the paint is done off site- at different facility- is that the issue? you may remember my order and requests from august thru dec on getting my 3760el ordered - I know it does cause a delay by adding paint and that it has to come back to factory and get finished and checked and that it does add time- but I am confident that those that would want it would be willing to wait- and most dealers don't stock painted ones - and most all who want paint are getting other options that dealers don't also stock- there are basically 2 types of buyers - first time and impulse- who buy the stock units and repeat/upgrade buyers- who want dual pane- extra awnings - paint- you guys implemented some of my special orders and suggestions into production units- yet you were firm not to sell me disc brakes- but its ok because with the larger axle/brake combo - I see no need- 3.5 on controller will stop truck and trailer and on edge of lock up- so just raise price and put those axle/brake combos on and there will no longer be want for disc option anyway- and after talking with a friend who owns a heavy duty trailer manufacturing company- I like the track record of the drum brake systems and parts availability vs a added electric motor/pump to operate disc, and fluid contamination - vs field fix/parts for electric drum systems

honestly there are things on big country that are better than on bighorns and things on bighorn nicer than landmarks-yes I could have gotten a landmark for same or less than my bighorn- but weight was an issue as well as floor plans - an lack of counter space-

but back to topic- it was because you did agree to the changes /adds that i ordered the bighorn -without full body paint option- I would have bought another brand - most all similar level price/features from other manufacturers jayco pinnacle- keystone Montana have been offering paint-

CoveredWagon

QUOTE=TomM;561978] I'm listening however - like on disc brakes & wet bolt kits - this is now a factory option on all Bighorns moving forward. I know this was a hot topic at the Owners Rally this year.

Talk Soon

Tom Montague[/QUOTE

Oh swell Tom �� Now ya offer em. The two option I wanted dearly. Well I'm scheduled to have both installed at Morryde on the 6th. Just kidding of course, I understand your thinking, but more importantly I'm glad to see you're still here. ��

esscobra

from above-agree - I was told they wouldn't do that ever- to much trouble to get from landmark line and they were one of the big factors that differentiate the landmarks-but the axle upgrade and bigger brakes are more than sufficient- so very happy with them.