Bristol Bound

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Big Country is about loaded and ready to head to Bristol tomorrow. Anybody else heading to the races? Open invitation to come by and see us next weekend! :cool:

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Just picked up our Big Horn last week and am in the process of getting it ready to head out to Bristol on Thursday! This maiden voyage should break it in right. Come and Visit....We are staying at All American Campground, just across the bridge to the right in the first row. Can't miss us...Big Red Ram and Big Horn. Where are you staying?

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
If I am not mistaken, I think Phil Smith and Becky are going to be there. He mentoined something about it last weekend.

Look for a Big Horn pulled by a GM.

BIG_ZD

Were sould be down there Thursday afternoon!!! Got the camper all ready to go first trip of the year!! Were staying at raceday just across the streat from the track. Were is everyone sitting at? Were in the Earnhardt Terrace.

BozRazor

Taking the Razor up on Thursday hopefully...staying at Farmer Bob's right across the hwy from track. Stayed there last year( first trip in our Razor) all went well. We will look for all the HL's. Second trip this year, we were at Atlanta 2 weeks ago for the wreckfest...woohoo

Last edited:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You guys are really making me jealous, but we just can't make this one. We plan on being at Richmond for the Fall race. Have reservations at the new KOA (was Americamp) in Ashland.

Nabo

Ok everyone - just got back from setting up at Bristol and it's pretty soggy - so please be prepared. Raceday shouldn't be any problem since its paved roads but everything else is pretty bad. Where we are is ok but helping a friend try to set up his rig on a tier below us was tuff. His tires sunk about 6". We were up there before the rains return but was pouring by the time we left adding to the already wet conditions. The creek was almost full level. Hopefully the weather will break and be sunny for the week which is forecasted, but we all know how wrong the weatherman has been this season.

BIG_ZD

I was wondering how wet it was down there. I dont know how much snow they got but with all the rain I figureed it would be a mess. If it doesent dry up the home owners will be using all the money they make on parking to fix there yards!

BozRazor

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, they are calling for rain Sunday and Monday according to weather .com....hopefully it will change before the weekend. I'll just pack an extra days worth of food and spirits. Glad I opted for the 4X4......

Nabo

Yep - heading to wallyworld tomorrow to pick up a couple more tarps. We are already planning on staying til Monday anyway cuz in the past, the cup had to be moved to Monday due to weather.

BIG_ZD

I told the wife to remember the number to the school in case we have to call and tell them our son wont be there! At least the percentage when down it was 60% and when I just checked it it was 40%.

Nabo

Toooo Coool - The Big Horn on the left belongs to Jeff Jinks from Morrision, TN and the Big Country (through the trees) is mine. WOW - can't believe that someone got us. Great pictures and thanks. :)
Byrd