Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just blows my mind that people are buying these then de-facing them to make them "operable"???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

They are completely operable as they are... They are better with the holes in them.. And they are working on the new and improved version as we speak.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bogie

I just don't understand why you would need these. They seem to only increase the footprint of the existing pad by a matter of a few square inches. A lot of money for not a lot of improvement.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If there not for you, there not for you...... I Love mine.!!!!!!
Yes it is only a slightly larger foot print, however the entire pad touches the ground even on uneven surfaces like gravel or rocky areas. say you lowered the steel pad down on a small rock, the majority of that that pad would not be contacting the ground. with the Snap-pads it will form around the rock and still set up firmly on the ground. I believe we have less movement inside the coach with the Snap-pads on. next they protect the paint coating on the steel pads. if you get them on your new pads right away they will be protected for life.

dieseldog

How long does it take for these things to ship? I ordered a pack of 6 on the 31st and all I get is the orders still being processed. Thanks

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I ordered mine on March 25th and they were shipped April 1 then arrived on April 4th.

Peace
Dave

RV_SnapPad_Support

I just don't understand why you would need these. They seem to only increase the footprint of the existing pad by a matter of a few square inches. A lot of money for not a lot of improvement.

Hi Joe,

From the pictures it's difficult to tell but the pads increase your foot print by almost 36q. in. Which at first glance doesn't seem like much but considering the metal jack feet only offer a slightly over 60 sq. in of surface area that contacts the ground, it's actually a quite a substantial upgrade. That x6 jacks is a lot of additional stability.

That' being said we realize it may not be for everyone and we appreciate your opinion.

RV_SnapPad_Support

RV SnapPad Support. When will you start shipping pads with holes in them?

No timeline as of yet. Designing and testing to make sure the new version will stay on the jacks as well as the current model. Aiming for sometime this season. I will update everybody when we have a better idea.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

What do you think about the 4 holes ???
Do you think it will raise the chances of awakening the retainer ring on top ?
Not sure if you seen the post from Sunday

RV_SnapPad_Support

What do you think about the 4 holes ???
Do you think it will raise the chances of awakening the retainer ring on top ?
Not sure if you seen the post from Sunday

We think the holes are a great idea should you be concerned about drainage.The four holes look good and since they are below the lip there's no worry about compromising the strength. The current pads are over engineered to stay put.

For us there's manufacturing considerations which force us to design the pad slightly differently. HOC feedback has been invaluable to us and we are busy working on a solution for drainage and more...

Bones

We think the holes are a great idea should you be concerned about drainage.The four holes look good and since they are below the lip there's no worry about compromising the strength. The current pads are over engineered to stay put.

For us there's manufacturing considerations which force us to design the pad slightly differently. HOC feedback has been invaluable to us and we are busy working on a solution for drainage and more...
I would assume your issue is in ease of manufacture and cost VS. I would propose instead of making a pad that fits all around why don't you make a pad that has indentations in it. Instead of the lip that snap all around the foot you would have a lip that is separated into two sections allowing for drainage. You would beef up the lip sections a bit and you would still accomplish the same foot print as before. this is something you can do in molding your dies.

RV_SnapPad_Support

I would assume your issue is in ease of manufacture and cost VS. I would propose instead of making a pad that fits all around why don't you make a pad that has indentations in it. Instead of the lip that snap all around the foot you would have a lip that is separated into two sections allowing for drainage. You would beef up the lip sections a bit and you would still accomplish the same foot print as before. this is something you can do in molding your dies.

I'll pass along your suggestion Bones. Thanks for the idea.