Discussion thread for RV SnapPads

jnbhobe

Just ordered a set, got a 10% discount too. Now for the wait for more work to get ready to go.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Was easy......all 6 pads drilled in less than 10 minutes. I drilled from the inside while holding pad on work bench. Was able to drill the hole (one hole per pad) in the exact spot and obtain the angle for drainage.

Have a good week,

This is exactly how I did mine 4 months ago. It has worked great and I have not had the issue with pooling water since. I drilled mine before I even put them on the first time.

Rod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can drill any size you want
My first hole was 3/8 but it pluged up with dirt/mud and slowed down the draning process.
I chose the 1/2" for a sure thing

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just finished drilling my 4 snap pads..Used a 3/8 wood bit...worked great...Didn't have to use burr to clean out the holes.
Drilled two holes in each pad. Can't wait to get my Sundance and put them on.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Just finished drilling my 4 snap pads..Used a 3/8 wood bit...worked great...Didn't have to use burr to clean out the holes.

Did the inside walls of the holes come out pretty smooth. I'm wondering if the holes would collect debris if they are rough.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Did the inside walls of the holes come out pretty smooth. I'm wondering if the holes would collect debris if they are rough.

[Jamie: I drilled from both ends so the holes are smooth....I drilled one all the way and it wasn't as smooth, so start on one end of the hole and then do the other end and
I think they will be okay. Good luck on your project. By the way the dealer today said the tie downs are only for the rear pucks....Ram does not make a tie down for the front
pucks "Yet".....]

kdubinwa

Curious.. Did you use a spade or auger style wood drill bit?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well, nothing else to do when it's 29° outside. Set up a jig to hold the pad in place so every hole would be in the same place and the same angle. 3/8" bit seamed to fit between the bottom and the top lip. 4 holes in each. Now I just need a warm day to put them on. At this rate it will be May.
261ygrt.jpg

9un3iw.jpg

hwn76b.jpg

r2m25x.jpg