Dometic a/c issues

Relayman

I've had my 2017 Big Horn in the shop because of an issue with the
A/C in in the bedroom leaking water into the camper through the ceiling panel seams. had it one day. the guys at explorerusa have been beyond fantastic. I received an email from HEARTLAND TODAY.

The letter explained this is a very recent Vendor issue. It's addressed in a “TSB” (Technical Service Bulletin) From Dometic. (A/C Vendor) and is on every unit, from every Manufacturer in the entire Industry that uses this new, high-end, A/C model.

Maybe we have a fix for something that has plagued a lot of us. fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Aandaar

Re: Dometic a/cto issues

Did they give you a copy of the TSB. It would be nice to see what they have come up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

SNOKING

Re: Dometic a/cto issues

Part of it is going to be to seal these extra mount holes that are open to the AC ducting. Someone posted it may include drill extra drain holes also. Chris

Hello! Our new 2017 3970 Big Horn is doing something similar but it is leaking through both of our rear A/C vents. Just had it looked at yesterday, so waiting to hear a response back from Heartland, but we are hopeful as well. I love these threads.

RVFun4Us

Just received my letter from Heartland concerning the Dometic Blizzard AC System. Says "it has been determined that due to improper build specifications from Dometic, the AC system has too high of a static air pressure, causing the accumulated standing water to splash into the return air duct." Only says that "Heartland has worked closely with Dometic to identify the appropriate repair and will have an authorized dealer correct the situation at no expense to the owner." Technical Service Bulletin 98-01-19, June 22, 2016. No specifics on the exact repair. Guess I need to make an appointment even though I currently have no problems with the AC like other owners have experience.

danemayer

Just received my letter also. Dealer can't get me in until August.

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Instead of waiting, maybe they'll authorize a mobile service company to come to your location. You'll have to pay the travel charge, but that's often a good tradeoff compared to hauling the trailer and leaving it at the dealer.

Relayman

my 3270RS has the whisper quiet ac system ( separate thermostats in living area and bedroom though). it has a supply..and a return air ducting that runs the entire length of the unit. I found a foam block in the bathroom foam ducting that separates the bedroom and living areas supply ac....but no block to separate the bedroom and living area return air. is this normal ? also...are the units supposed to work together to cool the camper ? if the supply ac vents are separate but returns are not...whichever unit is running will pull return air from both areas. something is not right.

SNOKING

So first off you door side is the return air side and the shower sky light is in the supply side duct blocking the cool air flow? Which side are the foam filters on? That is the reverse of my 2017 3575el. My supply(cooled air) is on the door side. Chris

Relayman

my return air is on the door side. the only obstruction was the foam block in the supply side between the bathroom and living area.

SNOKING

my return air is on the door side. the only obstruction was the foam block in the supply side between the bathroom and living area.

Looking at your 3270 floor plan, the shower sky light would be an obstruction on the driver's side. Chris

Relayman

actually..the shower skylight offers no obstructions. I temporarily removed the block and used a flashlight and my cell phone camera to look. the duct runs clear all the way to the back of the camper. the sky light in the bathroom is just to the off door side of the ducting.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired

Check to make sure the filters are on the correct side! Ours were on the wrong side. Our air output is on the door side and return is off door side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Relayman

my bighorn is a 3270RS. the return air is on the door side. filters as well. thanks for your reply.

NHCelt

FYI...Heartland will send you the TSB if you want to do the work yourself...took me about 1.5 hours to do both of mine yesterday. Worth the time to know it was done correctly.

Relayman

the dealer kept my camper for about four days and "said" they did the TSB work which was basically drilling extra drain holes in the bottom of the unit to allow condensation to drain faster.

SNOKING

the dealer kept my camper for about four days and "said" they did the TSB work which was basically drilling extra drain holes in the bottom of the unit to allow condensation to drain faster.

The TSB addresses three items.

Drill the extra drain holes, seal two extra mounting holes that are open to the return plenum and inspect and repair the data cable connections as needed. Chris

Relayman

I asked Heartland to send me the TSB but they wouldn't. they said it only went out to dealers and repair facilities.

Bones

I asked Heartland to send me the TSB but they wouldn't. they said it only went out to dealers and repair facilities.

I'm sorry what did you say. Oh your from Relayman Mobile camper repair located in Texas.

NHCelt

Just what bones said...although I told them I was doing the work myself.