Dometic a/c issues

Relayman

well....I USED to be "quick on the draw" like you fellers. LOL !! presentation...presentation....presentation. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I asked Heartland to send me the TSB but they wouldn't. they said it only went out to dealers and repair facilities.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Your file has been marked as complete when the dealer completed the TSB, so maybe they see no reason to "now" send you a copy of the TSB. You could maybe ask your dealer for a copy to put with the trailer documentation for future owners.

As a side note: When they send be the TSB to complete myself, as I was not in a position to take the trailer to a dealer, they asked me to please not share it, as they keep good records and track completions etc. I notified them when I completed it and they said they would up date my file.

Chris

RVFun4Us

So I made an appointment with my dealer and took my unit in last Tuesday. Today I received a call from them telling me that my unit did not have the issue related in the service bulletin. Well, the bulletin notice showed my VIN and said that the notice did apply. So I am confused. So I sent an email to Elaine at Heartland asking her if the service bulletin actually applied to my unit. So just waiting for a reply from her. I only live a couple of miles away from my dealer but if I had lived 150 miles away, I would be pretty upset having to tow it back and forth when there really wasn't a problem. So anxious to see what Elaine comes back with. Has anyone else had a similar problem with this TSB?

Just received my letter from Heartland concerning the Dometic Blizzard AC System. Says "it has been determined that due to improper build specifications from Dometic, the AC system has too high of a static air pressure, causing the accumulated standing water to splash into the return air duct." Only says that "Heartland has worked closely with Dometic to identify the appropriate repair and will have an authorized dealer correct the situation at no expense to the owner." Technical Service Bulletin 98-01-19, June 22, 2016. No specifics on the exact repair. Guess I need to make an appointment even though I currently have no problems with the AC like other owners have experience.

lass

FYI...Heartland will send you the TSB if you want to do the work yourself...took me about 1.5 hours to do both of mine yesterday. Worth the time to know it was done correctly.

Guys, I've been following this thread to learn about the Blizzard NXT units and if you are satisfied with the output. I do not own a Hearthland but I am not satisfied with my Dometic Penguin II series and want to make the change. Since the Blizzard and Penguin supply vents are not located in the same position, I will need to modify my Newmar roof top plenum in order to align the supply vent and am still trying to get the proper dimensions from Dometic.

So, do you sense any vibration and how is the noise level compared to any previous unit you may have owned. Any other information is welcome.

Thanks Lass

RVFun4Us

Elaine came back via email and indicated my VIN did apply to the TSB. So I talked to my dealer and took my 5ver back down there. Talked to the service manager and the technician and we all went up on the roof. Took the shrouds off the AC units and neither one looked like the one shown in the TSB. The technician said they were different units and not the same as what was in the TSB. They had the instructions and photos from the TSB. The photos in the TSB of the AC units looked completely different that what is on my coach. So while I am glad my AC units are not the ones having problems, I am confused why my VIN indicates that it is affected but the actual AC units are different. Did someone switch them out somewhere along the way? Or were other units used and I was caught in the switchover from the old to the new Blizzard units? I sent another email to Elaine telling her the issue and sent photos of my units. At this point, I am caught in the middle. The dealer spent about 45 minutes inspecting my rig and rightfully feels they should be compensated. Hopefully Heartland steps up and covers the bill even though no actual work was done. Will keep all informed on the results.

So I made an appointment with my dealer and took my unit in last Tuesday. Today I received a call from them telling me that my unit did not have the issue related in the service bulletin. Well, the bulletin notice showed my VIN and said that the notice did apply. So I am confused. So I sent an email to Elaine at Heartland asking her if the service bulletin actually applied to my unit. So just waiting for a reply from her. I only live a couple of miles away from my dealer but if I had lived 150 miles away, I would be pretty upset having to tow it back and forth when there really wasn't a problem. So anxious to see what Elaine comes back with. Has anyone else had a similar problem with this TSB?

danemayer

At this point, I am caught in the middle. The dealer spent about 45 minutes inspecting my rig and rightfully feels they should be compensated. Hopefully Heartland steps up and covers the bill even though no actual work was done. Will keep all informed on the results.
My opinion may not be worth much, but I think the letter from Heartland is an authorization for you to take the rig to the dealer for inspection, and if necessary correction of a problem on your coach. I'd present it that way when you talk with Heartland. As to how much the dealer may recover from Heartland, I'm sure they've given the dealers explicit direction on how much can be charged, regardless of whether it took 30 minutes or 3 hours.

RVFun4Us

Elaine responded right away from Heartland and confirmed that they would cover the inspection of the ACs. Just not any work, which there was none. So the TSB covered my rig based on the VIN, but then it did not have the Blizzard ACs installed. So I wonder how many more rigs out there have identified this same issue?

Just to make sure, I contacted Dometic with photos of my ACs and they also indicated that they were not the "Blizzard" ACs. Now I am wondering if my 2016 Big Horn 3270RS manufactured in Dec 2015 should have had these "Blizzard" ACs installed instead of what I would suspect are the older versions. Does anyone know when the Blizzard ACs began to be installed? Oh well, at least I do not have the issues that other folks have had with leakage into the return ducts.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Elaine responded right away from Heartland and confirmed that they would cover the inspection of the ACs. Just not any work, which there was none. So the TSB covered my rig based on the VIN, but then it did not have the Blizzard ACs installed. So I wonder how many more rigs out there have identified this same issue?

Just to make sure, I contacted Dometic with photos of my ACs and they also indicated that they were not the "Blizzard" ACs. Now I am wondering if my 2016 Big Horn 3270RS manufactured in Dec 2015 should have had these "Blizzard" ACs installed instead of what I would suspect are the older versions. Does anyone know when the Blizzard ACs began to be installed? Oh well, at least I do not have the issues that other folks have had with leakage into the return ducts.[/

I believe nander, Nancy & Dave have the Blizzard units and theirs was built in January, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk