Extremely Concerned about Heartland Customer Service

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Just got a call from my Heartland service dealer complaining about the number of hours he has spent on the phone dealing with Heartland Customer Service. I have my Landmark 365 at the dealer for some warranty work and he is telling me, trying to explain the problem with Heartland Customer Service is getting very frustrating. He has had to send and re-send pictures and is still getting a run-around.

What concerns me the most is his comment "This is the last Heartland warranty work I will do. The amount of time I have to spend on the phone with these people trying to explain problems and how to look at the pictures I've sent, is just not worth the time and effort. I can't charge you for all this frustration and time but it's just not worth it for me."

Do you how upsetting hearing that comment is to a Heartland owner. The major issue I have, is this is the second dealer in the last 3 years that has told me they will no longer do Heartland warranty work!!

I love my Heartland, but I may have to go to an SOB to make sure I can have warranty work done.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. :mad: :mad:

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
I'd suggest getting the name of the person he is so frustrated with and call that person yourself. That way you will have "the rest of the story". It has not been unheard of that service people pass the blame when they have dropped the ball. It may be that Heartland is giving him the run-around but it would be helpful to KNOW then you can address the problem. Good luck.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Have you yourself been in contact about this situation or just taking the word of your dealer?? Call Customer service and get answers yourself to the problem. That's what I would do.........just don't sit back.....do something.

NHCelt

Seems odd. I have had lots of contact with them, and they have been great. Yesterday I had service done at La Mesa rv in FL and the service writer was commenting that they were about the best to deal with... Something sounds fishy.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

kowAlski631

There has to be something else going on. I'd really suggest getting a name at CS who's giving the dealer the problem. And do you have a list of the warranty items?

Martha

Aandaar

I have had nothing but excellent service from Heartland. Dealer trying to over charge Heartland on warranty work and causing delays, different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck, Victoria, and Miss Callie

danemayer

There can be warranty claims that require discussion and aren't quickly authorized. They're probably the exception though. Most warranty claims are routine. And as previously noted, sometimes the labor cost the dealer wants reimbursed requires justification. Manufacturers are generally on the light side on warranty reimbursement and some dealers are pushing back.

ndmac

Just got a call from my Heartland service dealer complaining about the number of hours he has spent on the phone dealing with Heartland Customer Service. I have my Landmark 365 at the dealer for some warranty work and he is telling me, trying to explain the problem with Heartland Customer Service is getting very frustrating. He has had to send and re-send pictures and is still getting a run-around.

What concerns me the most is his comment "This is the last Heartland warranty work I will do. The amount of time I have to spend on the phone with these people trying to explain problems and how to look at the pictures I've sent, is just not worth the time and effort. I can't charge you for all this frustration and time but it's just not worth it for me."

Do you how upsetting hearing that comment is to a Heartland owner. The major issue I have, is this is the second dealer in the last 3 years that has told me they will no longer do Heartland warranty work!!

I love my Heartland, but I may have to go to an SOB to make sure I can have warranty work done.

Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper. :mad: :mad:

I can feel your frustration. I have lived it.

My two cents and my story.
I had my dealer I purchased it from was about 4 hours away, I was lucky to find out locally there was a new Heartland dealer opening up and I was going to get larger items done locally and finish up with the dealer I bought it from.

I will spare you all of the frustrating details but after being told by both dealers it was being handled, and getting nervous that my one year was within about 30 days I decided to call heartland customer service myself. Very nice CS rep. answered the phone and I gave him my VIN# he kindly indicated to me that they had no records of warranty claims against this VIN#

Note: I had been working with original dealer on small items from March-September and the newly certified heartland dealer locally from July-September.

Needless to say I was beyond upset.

After being told by both dealers it was being handled and finding out it was not. I kindly thanked the Heartland CS Rep. and told him I would call back.
I contacted each dealership and unloaded on both of them. Then things started happening. I got the things they had said the shipped twice that I never received and I got things done my way not the way they wanted it to happen.

The CS Rep. at Heartland was very helpful! and took excellent care of my issue once we discussed it and exchanged pictures (all of which each dealer had for several months) I did have some issues with getting pics they could view but they worked very hard to get my issues resolved.

I guess after all that others are providing you with sound advice...Call Heartland directly you might not be getting the whole story.

Customer Service: 877-262-8032

jbeletti

Keith - sorry to hear your servicer is having trouble getting warranty work authorized.

I hear your frustration and the only way for you to get happier is to "make the call" to Heartland yourself in the morning as they will not see this on the forum and the post will gain no automatic resolve for you.

klindgren

Keith - sorry to hear your servicer is having trouble getting warranty work authorized.

I hear your frustration and the only way for you to get happier is to "make the call" to Heartland yourself in the morning as they will not see this on the forum and the post will gain no automatic resolve for you.

I did call and talk with "my rep" at Customer Service and while I think everything is working itself out on this issue (still not 100% sure), what I'm concerned about is the frustration of my service provider and his comment about not doing Heartland warranty work any more. I know he won't be able to do that because his dealership sells Heartland products (just not Landmarks), but it still concerns me because as I said in my original post this is the second dealer in the last 3 years that has said those exact same words to me.

I've never had a problem with Heartland Customer Service, but then, I'm a customer/owner and not a dealer.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Just got a call from my Heartland service dealer complaining about the number of hours he has spent on the phone dealing with Heartland Customer Service. I have my Landmark 365 at the dealer for some warranty work and he is telling me, trying to explain the problem with Heartland Customer Service is getting very frustrating. He has had to send and re-send pictures and is still getting a run-around. :mad: :mad:

Funny . . . that sounds exactly like the problems I've been having with my dealership . . . not Heartland!

Our one year warranty expires in three weeks and they've been dragging their feet for months.

They had it for 10 weeks over the winter . . . and not only didn't fix just about every issue that was on the list . . . they created even more issues!

Anyway . . . I found out how to get them rollin' . . .

Tell your story on their Facebook page!

They'll call you back within 10 minutes!

Their mobile tech is coming to my house (for the second time) tomorrow to hopefully finish the job they started last October!

We have a Colorado HOC Rally to attend starting a week from tomorrow, so I hope everything works!

BighornELK

We had similar problems with CW service. They told us Heartland had been contacted and CW was waiting on them. My wife contacted Heartland and found no claims had been filed. Wife contacted CW again and their response was "Heartland will never approve that repair". Guess what - Heartland approved that repair and more. Heartland CS rep. forced CW's hand and repairs were made in record time.

donr827

I have not had many warranty repairs done but I always call customer service to register the problem on my record. This is especially necessary when your warranty is about up. JMO
Don

klindgren

Below is one of the main reasons I buy Heartland. I love my camper and I love Customer Service. I know my dealer was frustrated trying to communicate with Heartland and as Scott says below, there is a world of difference between written and verbal communications. I am so happy that Customer Service took that extra communication step and I am now back on track. As I told Scott in my response to his e-mail, my dealer called me this morning, in a much better mood, and said the necessary repairs had been approved by Heartland and the parts were on order. Now comes the hard part....waiting for everything to arrive so repairs can be done. THANK YOU HEARTLAND CUSTOMER SERVICE

.. there is a claim in the system for your RV and the dealer did speak to us this morning via phone to go over the issue that they are experiencing. We do apologize for the delay and it has been resolved at this time. The issue they were having was on both our end and theirs. Some things are hard to put in words when typing them out, it is easier to talk to them and go over the issue. There was communications between our claims department and the dealership on the claim, but it was difficult to understand. Once they contacted us via phone it was quickly resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleLion

We had similar problems with CW service. They told us Heartland had been contacted and CW was waiting on them. My wife contacted Heartland and found no claims had been filed. Wife contacted CW again and their response was "Heartland will never approve that repair". Guess what - Heartland approved that repair and more. Heartland CS rep. forced CW's hand and repairs were made in record time.

Just a quick aside. There is a general RV
forum (can't remember the URL) that has a Camping World section with an "Issues" subsection. I was getting the runaround from my local CW about honoring a price match and a fixed install price for my satellite dish. I complained on the forum and got a quick reply from Marcus, who is the CW CEO. He said he will match prices and honor their offer. Corporate contacted me via private message and the local CW honored the price and the flat rate install. Sometimes posting in the right place has good results. My contacts with Heartland CS have been great. My dealer complained about the labor allowance they give, but never had an issue getting fixes paid for.

MCTalley

Just a quick aside. There is a general RV
forum (can't remember the URL) that has a Camping World section with an "Issues" subsection. I was getting the runaround from my local CW about honoring a price match and a fixed install price for my satellite dish. I complained on the forum and got a quick reply from Marcus, who is the CW CEO. He said he will match prices and honor their offer. Corporate contacted me via private message and the local CW honored the price and the flat rate install. Sometimes posting in the right place has good results. My contacts with Heartland CS have been great. My dealer complained about the labor allowance they give, but never had an issue getting fixes paid for.

RV.NET - They have separate forums for all the various products. I posted my "disappointment" with their insurance handling my wrecked trailer last fall and got lots of fast response.

Dean-Pam

Keith, I am glad you are back on track and looking forward to seeing you and Carol at the VA Rally next month.

klindgren

Keith, I am glad you are back on track and looking forward to seeing you and Carol at the VA Rally next month.

Yeppers. Looking forward to seeing you and Pam again. Lord willing and the creeks don't rise too high, we'll be there. We will be on our way home from a visit to Wisconsin for my Cousins Reunion.

chiefneon

Howdy!

From my understanding it is not alway Heartland fault when it comes to service issues. I had problems dealing with CW in Katy Texas regarding warranty issues. They blamed everything on Heartland. It even got to the point they advised me they could not fix the problems to my satisfaction and to contact Heartland, so I did. In the end I ended up bring my 5er to Elkhart, IN and met with the service people personally and they are very helpful and are now fixing all our warranty issues to our satisfaction.

"Happy Trails"
cChiefneon

brianlajoie

Keith - I have never taken my trailer to a dealer to let their service staff work on it. I have not had any issues using certified RVDA/RVIA master techs. I have had both warranty and non-warranty work done. I have never had to wait for my trailer to be fixed. I have never have an issue with the work performed. I also measure a good tech by the way they work with me when I'm watching them work on the trailer. 100% satisfaction. I would recommend looking for a certified tech near you. They make their living fixing problems.

I have also worked with one HL customer service rep and he has helped me tremendously. When we were at the national rally and he was there, I made sure I introduced myself and also made sure he had a cold beverage at the end of the day. So long as he is at HL, I will seek him out for any problems I may encounter.