Extremely Concerned about Heartland Customer Service

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
Keith - I have never taken my trailer to a dealer to let their service staff work on it. I have not had any issues using certified RVDA/RVIA master techs. I have had both warranty and non-warranty work done. I have never had to wait for my trailer to be fixed. I have never have an issue with the work performed. I also measure a good tech by the way they work with me when I'm watching them work on the trailer. 100% satisfaction. I would recommend looking for a certified tech near you. They make their living fixing problems.

I have also worked with one HL customer service rep and he has helped me tremendously. When we were at the national rally and he was there, I made sure I introduced myself and also made sure he had a cold beverage at the end of the day. So long as he is at HL, I will seek him out for any problems I may encounter.

I have almost always used a dealer because I am so unmechanically inclined, I usually mess things up and have to have a professional come behind me and fix what I "fixed." I'm also cheap. I don't like paying someone $75 just to come to where I am to look at what needs to be done, then charge me to do it....unless, of course, it's an emergency.

I concur with your assessment on keeping a good customer service rep happy cuz they can sure make your life so much easier. I have found most of the reps I've dealt with at Heartland to be very helpful. Problem is, they keep getting promoted or move on and I have to start all over again building a repor. What I told my dealer is that from now on, I'll do the leg work with Customer Service contacting them, sending pictures and getting approval BEFORE I bring the trailer in. Hopefully that will alleviate most of his frustration.

brianlajoie

I have almost always used a dealer because I am so unmechanically inclined, I usually mess things up and have to have a professional come behind me and fix what I "fixed." I'm also cheap. I don't like paying someone $75 just to come to where I am to look at what needs to be done, then charge me to do it....unless, of course, it's an emergency.

I hear you about tackling some of these issues. Another thought to using certified techs is though you may pay a little more, I have never had to take the work back to be redone. I have also not have any additional damage done like I've seen on the forums. I have also found that I can ask a lot of questions and get expert answers without going through the school of hard knocks. :)

As I get more knowledge and feel more comfortable working on the trailer, I finds myself doing more and more.