gouge in botttom of bedroom slide out

1231ChaseB

Hi All ! The other day while camping i was under the bed room slide and saw a gouge in the bottom of the slide out ! From what i could barely see there appears to be a tab of some kind on the end of the roller ! I haven't figured out yet how to get to the thing and see if i can move it ! Has any one else maybe had this happen and know how to fix it ????
chaseb

whp4262

Not sure you can get to the rollers without removing the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1231ChaseB

This turns out to be another "Heartland strikes again quality issue" ! I jacked the slide up about an inch to see what i could see and lo and behold they failed to put 2 screws in the bracket ! One screw on one end and that made the roller bracket tilt so the ends we're against the slide bottom ! After about 2 hours of trying to get a screw in the empty hole i finally got one started and got it screwed down ! WOW what a job ! Way to go Heartland !!!!!
chaseb

mlburst1

"Heartland strikes again quality issue" - I believe it is also an engineering issue.

We had a bedroom slide roller shear off in July - the headboard end metal roller was attached to the frame with four countersink wood screws - see the attached pics.

The dealer removed the bed frame and exterior trim pieces in order to pull the slide all the way into the bedroom and re-install the roller with the correct hex head screws - he also replaced the second roller screws with the proper fasteners - two had already sheared off...

The mechanic who performed the repair said that he had made the same repair through all the Heartland lines.

Mike

Attachments

• sheared_roller_screws_072914 (2).jpg
    sheared_roller_screws_072914 (2).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 76
  • slide_roller_072914 (1).jpg
    slide_roller_072914 (1).jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 81

just_bob

Well I've just found the same problem on our 2011 Greystone 32RE. None of the head end rollers are in place. In fact I can't even find them so I don't know where they go , how they're mounted or even how many there are supposed to be.

Where they've gone is a mystery. The slide graphics are now lower than the body graphics so I'm guessing that the slide was originally higher by an inch or so.

Any additional pics would be helpful.

Thanks,

Bob

just_bob

The rollers are NOT in the trailer. Either they fell outside while the slide was moved out and just not noticed at the time. Or fell inside and discarded by the previous owner. I can feel the remnants of screws on the top of the bottom edge of the slide opening in two places so 2 rollers were used.

It's definitely a poor design since the roller pictured above has the roller itself offset from the screws holding it down to the edge. The slide weight on the roller will tilt the bracket and lift or break the screws. Add a few bumps between Indiana and the dealer and its done.

But it is what it is. I'll need to get rollers and figure out a way to correct the issue permanently.

I'll post a solution when I have one.

Bob