Help with the numbers (weighed the rig) . . .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I think I may hitch it back up and go to the TA truck stop tomorrow or Thursday (my days off this week) and try it again.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
JohnD:

You should consider having Weigh to Go do your truck and RV...$90 for both and they weigh each wheel, give you a super two page print out and explain every number....They will be at Havasu but not weighing as there is not a flat space for this service, but you could arrange it prior or after the Rally...If you need, I will give you Tom's number....they will also be at the Mountain Regional Rally for weighing all rigs.
Just a thought..

Jim.Allison

John you have most all of the info already.
What is it your still looking for ?

Right?

John, here is is again........All taken from your data.

Truck and trailer combined 16,540
Trailer weight only 9,860
Tow vehicle only 6,680
Tow vehicle in towing configuration, with pin load 9,220
Pin load 2,540
Front trailer axle 3,480
Rear trailer axle 3,840
Total weight on tandem axles combined 7,320
Percent trailer weight on pin 26%

The only thing you can do that is better is to have each wheel weighed.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John, here is is again........All taken from your data.

Truck and trailer combined 16,540
Trailer weight only 9,860
Tow vehicle only 6,680
Tow vehicle in towing configuration, with pin load 9,220
Pin load 2,540
Front trailer axle 3,480
Rear trailer axle 3,840
Total weight on tandem axles combined 7,320
Percent trailer weight on pin 26%

The only thing you can do that is better is to have each wheel weighed.

The rear axle number of the trailer is what I wasn't getting from my numbers . . .

And according to these numbers, I don't have the rear axle over loaded, which is what I was trying to find out.

I will say that I was very liberal on the amount of water I put in the Prowler for this weigh-in project . . . probably twice as much as we normally carry while on the road.

So I guess I don't need to get it reweighed . . .

I really wasn't looking forward to hitching it all up again as I pretty much have it all parked and leveled for it's long winter's nap in the side yard.

At least until we take it in for the axle job (mid-December), which the axle shop will bend the axle back in to camber (have to do both axles to make sure they are aligned), and I will probably upgrade the springs and equalizers while they are in there.

Plus . . . another round of new tires.

I also need to lower my hitch a couple of inches to get the Prowler level as it is riding 4 1/2 inches high in the front.

Got to get all of this done before the Havasu Rally!