Living Room AC & Fan Not Working

Wildfam

Hi All,

Im in a 2015 Elkridge 37 Ultimate and a few days ago our Living Room AC stopped working. When we turn the AC on at the thermostat we hear a click, but then nothing happens. The fan also does not come on. After waiting approximately 1 minute the AC then begins to make a humming sound, but no air is blowing out. I have checked breakers and fuses and all is good. I am first attempting to fix the problem myself since I am out of the one year manufacture warranty by like 5 months and don't want to pay the deductible on my extended warranty, if this problem can be remedied easily myself. Anyone else had a similar problem and found the solution?

Thanks,
David

Lynn1130

Sounds like the compressor is kicking on but the fan is not. I do not have my book here to check and someone will probably jump in but the air conditioner is covered by the manufacturer's warranty and not Heartlands. It may be that you have longer than one year. I am thinking two but again I don't have the book to check.

TX_Clay

Dometic told me that I had a 2 year warranty on my units when I had one replaced at 10 months old.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
One of two ways you might be able to fix is remove inside or outside covers, make sure power is off first, then try turning the fan by hand. I have had this happen before and then just spray a little lubricant on the fan shaft if you can see it. the lube they use hardens up stopping rotation.