New owner TV question, 2013 Torque 291

nocabffej

Just purchased a 2013 Torque 291. Wondering about function of all my TV ports. I have two coax ports in the bedroom, living room and garage. Also on outside left side of trailer have two ports labeled satellite and one labeled cable. Also have two unmarked ports in the pass-thru storage area. Can anyone give me an idea what they all do?

danemayer

Hi nocabffej,

Starting with Cable TV and over-the-air antenna, the coax wires for each of these sources come together at a signal booster that's often located in the bedroom. Sometimes it's close to the TV. Sometimes in the closet. On some models it may be in the living room entertainment center. There will be a small push button that causes an LED to illuminate. When the signal booster is ON, the over-the-air antenna signal is boosted. When off, it allows cable TV signals to pass. There should be a coax connector at that location to connect to your TV. The other output of the signal booster is routed to other locations in the RV.

If you have 2 satellite connectors outside or in the Universal Docking Center (UDC), one probably goes to the living room entertainment center and the other probably goes to the bedroom.

The wall plates in the living room and bedroom where there are 2 coax connectors, one is going to be for Cable TV and over-the-air antenna TV, and the other for satellite. If they're not labeled, you may just have to guess your way through getting the right one for each application.

As for the basement, it might have both cable/antenna, and satellite. The satellite side could be split off one of the other satellite feeds.