New Traveler audio

orion7144

First night in our new 5th wheel and notice possible audio issues. As far as I can tell I have 2 speakers in the living area. 1 just above the TV in the ceiling and the other above the recliners facing the TV. There is one in the bedroom and 2 outdoor speakers. Zone A is the one above the TV, zone B is above recliners, and zone C is the bedroom. No sound outside as far as I can tell. I am thinking I need to pull the unit out and check the wiring. It is the Jensen JWM 70A.

jerryjay11

First night in our new 5th wheel and notice possible audio issues. As far as I can tell I have 2 speakers in the living area. 1 just above the TV in the ceiling and the other above the recliners facing the TV. There is one in the bedroom and 2 outdoor speakers. Zone A is the one above the TV, zone B is above recliners, and zone C is the bedroom. No sound outside as far as I can tell. I am thinking I need to pull the unit out and check the wiring. It is the Jensen JWM 70A.

Each zone should have a set of 2 speakers. You should have stereo control for each zone. That would mean you should have 6 speakers or maybe the 3 inside speaker are on a zone (with 2 speaker on the same channel) and the 2 outside speakers are suppose to be on another zone. But with the available 3 zones I have to believe there is 2 speakers in the bedroom.

Anyway you may have to pull the stereo out, determine which speaker wires go to the pairs of speakers. We had the same problem with our new Pioneer and I had to pull the stereo out and connect a set of speaker wires, one at a time to determine which speakers they go to. Then I had to determine which set of wires coming from the stereo were for each zone. Took me about an hour.

orion7144

I took it apart and found most of the speakers in the wrong connector. I now have my outside working and 2 speakers in the bedroom. I also disconnected the composite audio/video connection going to the Jensen and ran a HDMI cable. Setup the ARC on the tv and now TV sounds a lot better.20180402_112253(1).jpg