Ocean Lakes

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Renee and I got home last night from 2 great weeks at Ocean Lakes cg in Myrtle Beach,SC.The first week we were with our family and friends and the second week it was just Renee and I.The weather was great with only a couple of storms and a couple days of 95 degree temps.The Landmark and the truck performed well. We met 2 nice couples from VA,one in a Bighorn that had never heard of the forum and the other in a Cyclone that had just read the information on the HOC, before we talked to them,and was considering joining.We also saw a couple other Cyclones,and a couple Sundances and a couple Razors.As we were leaving yesterday a Big Country pulled in.
The starter for the ac compressor on our bedroom ac had to be replaced,and we have a couple other things to repair(if you use something it is going to need repair every now and then)but all in all we had a great trip!We had a tire pressure and temp monitor installed before we left.It was good to be able to see the temps and pressure of the tires.It is good to be home,but it sure was good to be fulltiming,if only for a couple weeks.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Glad you had a good time and an uneventful trip. Wish we were able to get to the beach this year but we are getting to see some areas of the country that we have never been to so I'm really enjoying the northern travel. I can still picture you and Renee sleeping under the tent on the beach, walking through the water after the thunderstorm, Cold Stone Ice Cream and who could forget "Bald Peanuts"! Miss you both so much!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Glad you had a good time and the trip was uneventful for you.

Boy, what a time for the a/c to go out...I know you were glad to have someone fix while you were there and not have to live in the SC heat with only 1 a/c.

BTW, we kind of kept an eye out for you yesterday. We came back from Columbia on 20 and saw a steady stream of trailers heading to the beach and coming back.
We did see a BC in the Camden rest area and a Landmark being pulled by a white chevy (?) both heading west. At first I thought maybe the landmark was you. It was a classic and as it was coming up the hill all I could see was the LM logo on the trailer...then the white truck came into sight...knew it was not you.

trdeal

Glad you had a good time and an uneventful trip. Wish we were able to get to the beach this year but we are getting to see some areas of the country that we have never been to so I'm really enjoying the northern travel. I can still picture you and Renee sleeping under the tent on the beach, walking through the water after the thunderstorm, Cold Stone Ice Cream and who could forget "Bald Peanuts"! Miss you both so much!
John and Deb,we did have a great time last year with you guys,especially under the tent in the thunder storm and then us 4 and the golf car almost floating back to the camper in water that was 1/2 up on the tires.We thought alot about it last week.We are glad you are getting to see some country you have never seen before.Enjoy your summer.Fall,y'all is just around the corner.

trdeal

Glad you had a good time and the trip was uneventful for you.

Boy, what a time for the a/c to go out...I know you were glad to have someone fix while you were there and not have to live in the SC heat with only 1 a/c.

BTW, we kind of kept an eye out for you yesterday. We came back from Columbia on 20 and saw a steady stream of trailers heading to the beach and coming back.
We did see a BC in the Camden rest area and a Landmark being pulled by a white chevy (?) both heading west. At first I thought maybe the landmark was you. It was a classic and as it was coming up the hill all I could see was the LM logo on the trailer...then the white truck came into sight...knew it was not you.
Larry, we are on I 40 for a short distance, I 77 in Nc and for a short time in SC and then on I 95 for a short distance near Florence,SC and that is the only interstate travel we do on our way to and from the beach.We did try the I 95 to I 20 to I 77 one time and it just seemed alot farther.I don't think it really was that much farther,but it seemed like it was.We left OL around 2:30 yesterday afternoon and the traffic on Hwy 544 coming into the Ocean Lakes area was bad.Campers backed up in two lanes all the way back to the Walmart at the hwy 17 bypass/544 intersection.And once we got on HWY 501 at Conway, two lanes backed up, bumper to bumper going into the Myrtle Beach area.Traffic was this way for miles and miles.I don't think I have ever seen it this bad.But,we had smooth sailing.Traffic was fairly light leaving the beach.