PDI went great, till the end!

JBoyerinAbq

We had our PDI today for our Newport. I must say that I'm pleased with the folks at LaMesa in Albuquerque - the trailer was spotless and had been well prepared. I was allowed as much time and space as I needed to crawl around and check the trailer out. At the very end on the PDI, I ran the slides in and out a few times. As I was finishing running the refrigerator slide in, there was a loud boom and the slide stopped. Turns out the ram arm - where it attaches to the slide, the entire connection point (large 90% bracket) and weld failed. Needless to say the trailer did not come home with us - La Mesa has contacted Heartland for instructions. A bummer for sure - the trailer sure was beautiful. I am glad that it happened at the dealership - and before I started making payments!!!

Bones

We had our PDI today for our Newport. I must say that I'm pleased with the folks at LaMesa in Albuquerque - the trailer was spotless and had been well prepared. I was allowed as much time and space as I needed to crawl around and check the trailer out. At the very end on the PDI, I ran the slides in and out a few times. As I was finishing running the refrigerator slide in, there was a loud boom and the slide stopped. Turns out the ram arm - where it attaches to the slide, the entire connection point (large 90% bracket) and weld failed. Needless to say the trailer did not come home with us - La Mesa has contacted Heartland for instructions. A bummer for sure - the trailer sure was beautiful. I am glad that it happened at the dealership - and before I started making payments!!!
At least you found out while at the dealer. I'm assuming that everything stopped right there at that point and you left?

JBoyerinAbq

Bones - I was really done, the slides and jacks were the last things I was exercising. Again, as disappointed as I am, I give props to LaMesa - they were on the phone with Heartland when I left. I hope this turns out not to be a problematic slide but just a parts infant mortality. I really didn't find any other issues - missing hose screen, one return ac duct missing filter, one missing screw on wheel trim. I checked the coax, hooked up a sat dish, checked the water lines, drains seemed good, did everything but run a load of laundry. Hopefully we'll have it in our possession on a few days.

Safe travels everyone!

Bones

Bones - I was really done, the slides and jacks were the last things I was exercising. Again, as disappointed as I am, I give props to LaMesa - they were on the phone with Heartland when I left. I hope this turns out not to be a problematic slide but just a parts infant mortality. I really didn't find any other issues - missing hose screen, one return ac duct missing filter, one missing screw on wheel trim. I checked the coax, hooked up a sat dish, checked the water lines, drains seemed good, did everything but run a load of laundry. Hopefully we'll have it in our possession on a few days.

Safe travels everyone!
Great news and hopefully they stay on the ball. Post pics when you have it.

ksucats

Jeff: Good to hear about La Mesa taking good care of you. We were at the Kirtland AFB Famcamp last week and had another couple show up with a Brand New Key West. Accused them of taking mine (and thanking them for washing it for us) - good people. Regardless, they had just purchased it up in South Dakota (or was it North Dakota ??), in any case they were headed further east but had a leak. I referred them over to La Mesa so I hope they treated them as well.

JBoyerinAbq

We saw that unit on the FamilyCamp lot - what a small world. I'll bet they are taking good care of him - I have no complaints with our treatment.