Quality issues

Maggiemay

We recently purchased a new 2008 cyclone 3612. 1 of all, a cupboard door fell off due to the hinges not having long enough screws to hold it to the door. Then we had issues with the water heater. Our water started boiling out outside and heater would not shut off. It was a bad sensor. Now for the 2nd time this year we went camping and when I walked into the trailer and the under mount kitchen sink let loose and fell into the cupboard on the front side. The only thing holding it up was the plumbing. No Clips were attached to hold the sink in place. My husband had to go into the woods with his hand saw and cut a few branches to hold the sink up. When we call the dealer, they are booked up and can't fix for 2-3 months. By that time the unit will be in storage. This is just the top of the iceberg. We have been fixing little things continually. For what you pay for these units, you sure don't get value. What is next?

Does this company have any quality controls before shipping?

donr827

You typed a 2008 trailer in your thread. Was this a mistake. The trailer is 6 yrs old and may not have been maintained correctly. Anyhow, hope that you get the problems fixed so that you can enjoy your home on wheels............Don

Maggiemay

No, we purchased it new from the dealer off the lot. We have had it for 1 year. Used it about 10 times, weekends only

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a helpful hint here, if you purchased a rig from the dealer that is already 6 years old, I doubt that it has been maintained while sitting on the lot.
Be sure to check and re caulk everything on the exterior.
As for the sink issue, you can fix that very easily and wont have to wait on the dealer.
Clean the old caulk/adhesive from the sink and bottom of counter top.
Go to a big box home repair center such as Menards or Home Depot and get some sink clips along with some proper length screws.
Get a tube of clear silicon caulk.
Caulk the sink lip, brace the sink in place with some boards and install the sink clips. Be sure they are not too long.
Let the caulk set up for a day or two, remove the bracing and you are done.

Peace
Dave

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
If what you mentioned were the only problems you had on a trailer that sat unused and probably unmaintained for close to six years (2008 was probably built in mid 2007), then you have been lucky. Any brand RV requires regular maintenance and I suspect this particular one had none up until you bought it.