Question on cable slides - Bedroom

SNOKING

We are about to pull the trigger on a BH3575el. How is the cable slide working for the bedroom slide out? Chris

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I've been using my bedroom cable slide for almost six years. Guess that means it's working pretty good for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westwind

We have a 2012 Bighorn we bough in 8/2011, so far knock on wood the bedroom cable slides have been trouble free for us. I do have to get up there and glue the gasket piece that surrounds the cable as it goes through the trailer wall, they have come loose but that is the only thing so far, I should take a look at the manual on HUG to see if there is some sort of maintenance that needs to be done.

avvidclif

On mine the adjustment nuts were double nutted but not tightened and they worked loose. Factory error, not system.

SNOKING

Re: Question on cable slides - Bedroom Plus a surge protector question.

OK, another question about installing a hard wired surge protector. Is there an easy point to get to the 50 AMP input wiring to install a [h=1]Progressive Industries EMSHW50C Surge Protector. Chris[/h]

avvidclif

I don't know about the BH but on my Cyclone the transfer switch was behind a small compartment beside the power cord inlet. I removed the back wall and mounted the EMS on top of the transfer switch. YMMV.

SNOKING

Another question. Is anyone using the Bighorn 1.5" receiver hitch for a bike rack? Chris

Harry1

Yes, have been using the 1.5" hitch with bike rack and 2 bikes. Would prefer 2" but that was not an option. Had a 1.5" on previous Crossroads Cruiser as well and used the same rack on that unit as well since 2007. Both bikes total weight...about 74 lbs.

SNOKING

My bad for failing to use the search function. Lots of reading. We have been carrying our bikes on a pin box rack for the last two trailers. Guess I will have to see if they will fix in there with a new 3575el. Thanks Chris

sjandbj

OK, another question about installing a hard wired surge protector. Is there an easy point to get to the 50 AMP input wiring to install a Progressive Industries EMSHW50C Surge Protector. Chris

If you search the post you will find that the surge protector has been installed many different spots but the easy place is to unscrew the breaker panel and tie it in behind the box. There is normally a great deal of slack wire and a lot of space behind the box.

Steve