Remove wall to get to UDC

jimbo56

I have a leak behind the UDC and need to remove the wall in the bay. I found the screws in the middle of the bay, but where are the screws on the driver's side? It's a 3610RE.

Thanks.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Look in the left corner inside the UDC. There should be 3 or 4 white headed screws there. Those hold the end of the panel next to the UDC. Or so it is on my 3670. I've been thinking about mounting a piece of wood on the back of the UDC and putting that panel on a piano hinge.

rick_debbie_gallant

The first time I had to get behind the wall on the off door side in the basement I installed three strap hinges. works great. I also installed some brass "L" brackets both top and bottom of the other wall to keep it from flexing in and out. Those work great also.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Main reason I'm thinking piano hinge is that I have a section left over from a tool cabinet project that is just about the right length. Your idea about the L-brackets is interesting. I was thinking about mounting a piece of wood behind the door side panel and using some threaded inserts and wing bolts to join the two panels together in the center. That black fuzz stuff keeps getting balled up on the screws, and there isn't a whole lot of wood to bite into, anyways. Maybe next spring.

rick_debbie_gallant

Strap or t-hinge lets you get away from the edge of the osb. The l brackets will not allow water to wick up into the osb and carpet should you get a leak or water on the nonskid floor. One of these days this winter I am going to put some t-nuts on rear board. Then I can use some stainless bolts with wing nuts to attach the two wallboards.

rick_debbie_gallant

Ok. Will do. It is supposed to be about 70:) tomorrow but with a chance of rain:(. If it is not raining to bad I will try and take some pic's.

jimtoo

Hi Rick and Debbie,

I was just looking at your location, golly you guys like to travel. How long did it take you to get your Bighorn to Bangladesh?? That where you guys show to be now. And it's going to be 70* tomorrow? Have fun. :D

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

Hi Rick and Debbie,

I was just looking at your location, golly you guys like to travel. How long did it take you to get your Bighorn to Bangladesh?? That where you guys show to be now. And it's going to be 70* tomorrow? Have fun. :D

Jim M

Hey Jim:

It is a new invention of mine. I got some old 5" fire hose and wrapped it tight around the bottom frame of the 5er. Then I inflated it into a float of sorts. got her into the water and sailed her to Bangladesh!!!;)

No, really I have been trying to get that changed to where I am now but I have not had any luck. How do I change my location?

jimtoo

OK.. go to Tools, click on HOP, at top click on (Your Entry), go to below map and mark (Delete the marker information), then update the information. You will get a blank map, then zoom into where you are and click your location. If you have to move and click location several times it is OK. You will have a red marker with black dot in it. When marker is at your location or where you want it, click on (INsert the information). I forgot, you need to fill in the Marker tittle as you want it and marker text before you click insert the information.

Jim M

rick_debbie_gallant

OK.. go to Tools, click on HOP, at top click on (Your Entry), go to below map and mark (Delete the marker information), then update the information. You will get a blank map, then zoom into where you are and click your location. If you have to move and click location several times it is OK. You will have a red marker with black dot in it. When marker is at your location or where you want it, click on (INsert the information). I forgot, you need to fill in the Marker tittle as you want it and marker text before you click insert the information.

Jim M

got it thanks