Roof vents and forward air conditioner

patrick1945

When the wind is blowing the wrong direction the forward air conditioner brings in the rotten eggs smell into the bedroom. I wondering if there is something like a directional vent cover that we might use to cover it.

When I was a kid we had what we called Charlie Nobles over our small chimney flues.

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
You can buy directional covers for the vent pipes that move with the direction of the wind, BUT, Your problem should not be the a/c pulling the odor into the camper. The a/c is a closed loop system, pulling air from inside the camper, cooling it, and returning it to the camper. If installed and sealed correctly it pulls no air form the outside.
My first question would be , are you hooked to a sewer system and do you have your gray tank open, this is usually where the smell comes from. When the wind hits the vent pipe the correct way, pushing air through the gray tank system and into the camper.
Good luck, hope this helps.

hoefler

I would pull the inside trim down and look to see if the attic space is sealed off from the return side of the A/C. The sewer vents are not sealed to the roof, there is an air gap between the pipe and the roof. The vents are just sticking up through the roof with a cap over the top of them. If your attic space is not sealed from the A/C, it can pull air from the attic space, drawing in outside air from around the sewer vents and attic vent.