Slide out operation

beverr

How can I extend a slide out without the one on the other side extending when I'm in close quarters like a 12' shed?

danemayer

Hi beverr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Some models have valve controls in the front compartment so you can shut off the valve for the slide that you don't want moving. Take a look in your front compartment for something like pictured here. The thumb wheel allows you to open and close the valve manually.

If you manually close the valve, the switch will not be able to open that valve and that slide won't move.

If your trailer doesn't have a thumb wheel, it'll have a valve that can be opened and closed with an allen wrench. Location varies, so there's no telling where yours might be.

Attachments

• DSC04483.jpg
    DSC04483.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 101

beverr

Thanks, I have looked at one similar to the one you posted, but was afraid to start turning wheels. I'm new on here, just bought my first Heartland Big Country after 40 years of camping. Started with a 20' Jayco and this is my 5th RV, had 2 slides on the same side on the last one, this is my first with 3 slides. Guess now I need to find out which line goes where. It is a 2018.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I don't think Dan posted the right picture. If you look in the front compartment you will hopefully see 2 manual twist valves to isolate each of the slides. I will see if I can find a picture.

Jerrod

beverr

Thanks everyone for the replies, I have located the valves and all is well. I can now get to the rear of my RV with it in storage.