SOLVED: 3055RL electrical problem

Big-B

Hello,

My wife and I are traveling in our Bighorn 3055RL and this morning while parked and listening to the radio, the radio quit playing. It seems that the power in the entertainment slide and the power on the back wall are out. I checked the breakers and they are all in the proper position. I even turned them all off and back on in case one of them had a soft break and didn't trip completely. I suspect it may be a GFCI but have only found one, which is be the bathroom sink. That one doesn't have anything to do with the outlets that don't work.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the power to not work?

Thanks,
Brian

rxbristol

Re: 3055RL electrical problem

Since you mentioned the outlets are in a slide, I would check the junction box outside under the slide. Turn off power and pull the cover, then check each wire nut connection. Apply electrical tape after retightening the wire nuts.

mlpeloquin

The junction box maybe it. Mine was in the connection made in an outlet. They are insulation displacement type power sockets. If the first set of wires are not seated all the way down and there are three sets of wires, then the last set cannot be pushed in far enough and will pop off. Just where is the open found? Why in a working socket. I was lucky and found it in the third socket I opened up. This being said, it would be good to wrap electrical tape around the twist connectors to make sure that they do not vibrate loose over time. You have one under each main slide so do both.

Oregon_Camper

The radio is powered only from 12v, so GFI won't be the issue. Are the lights working (also 12v only) in that slide out?

Are your 110v outlets also out?

Big-B

Re: 3055RL electrical problem PROBLEM SOLVED.

I found the problem today. I went out and plugged the 50 amp cord in and out and my wife told me that the power came back on for a moment. I thought there was a problem with the power at the pedestal so we moved to a different site. Same problem. Finally I thought about the breakers that I had installed when I put the inverter/solar system in last year. A pair of 30 amp breakers that de-rated the 50 amp service to a double 30 amp service. One of the breakers was tripped. I reset it and all is well now.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Brian