What did you do to your camper today?

Bogie

This weekend my coach got new shoes. I finally got rid of my Towmax tires and replaced them with Maxxis. Though I never had any trouble with the Towmax, they were 5 years old and were probably on borrowed time. Whew!!

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine got a bath again and today my TV got a bath, clay bar treatment and new wax. She is looking pretty right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
New sink faucet
4d7c73ff81b8634aa4bb57d50da47edb.jpg
aec29f469585a5b850a494111a6f23d3.jpg
a42798b45143262fe31a36046e81925f.jpg
a0fd0196b4f1a0aeb0d603f0bf37909b.jpg

My sweet hubby Tony installed this in the bathroom today! Looks great and works so much better than OEM! No more hitting hands on back of sink and getting water all over the countertop!

Found on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pfister-Serrano-Control-Centerset-Bathroom/dp/B003XX0AS8

TravelTiger

VERY nice faucet. Did you have to modify any fittings? I did when I changed out the kitchen faucet.

Rex, no, the ends of this faucet connected fine to the connectors on the pex lines. The hardest part was getting the stopper hooked up. We left the existing stopper assembly connected to the sink, rather than pull and replace with the Pfister one that came with it. (The Pfister parts were nicer, but lots of trouble to switch out for what would outwardly look the same.)

TravelTiger

Also, I happened to find the faucet for sale as a "new, unused with box damage" for much cheaper than new.

Sniper

Took off the tire covers, aired tires to 80 psi (exactly), installed a new group 27 battery, plugged in the toy hauler, and re-calibrated the Big Foot auto leveling system. Going to de-winterize Tuesday. First trip of the year in 2 weeks! WOO HOO! :)

coram8

Got our Gateway 3750PT out of storage Friday morning to start getting ready for summer. I've been collecting parts for the last few weeks, thanks in most part to this thread. Here's what has been accomplished so far:

Washed it.
Got Texas State Inpspection done.
Checked the batteries.
Fixed some trim molding that came loose (mainly because my son was hanging on it!)

Had some new shoes put on! Goodyear G614
image.jpg

Installed an electronic door lock.
image.jpg

Installed Morryde electric cord reel.
image.jpg

Installed Morryde pin box with the help of a friend.
image.jpg

Installed ToyLok on pinbox.
image.jpg

Installed 2 DWI Sewer hose carriers. I have propane lines down both sides, so I took 1" square tubing, cut to fit and painted black to use as spacers to get below gas lines.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Replaced front compartment lock with combi-lock.
image.jpg

Last, but not least, I started to mount a water filter and regulator in the connections compartment. Still have a couple connections to make, but I need to order another hose to make the fit just right. To mount everything to, I cut and installed aluminum diamond plate on the front and back of compartment side. Really strengthened the wall to mount stuff to.
image.jpg

If any of these look like a project you posted on here, Thank You! I wish I made notes of who's ideas I was stealing, especially the water filter/regulator project.
Still have a few more projects, but it will have to wait for another weekend.

Oh, and one more. Does this count as something done to our camper? It was the 4:10 vs. 3:73 thread that got me to looking. It is a new 2015 that was still on the lot, so I couldn't pass up the deal. 2015 GMC 3500 SLT 4x4 DRW. Already had my Airlifter 5000 installed along with our fifth wheel hitch. Also had an RDS 60 gallon fuel / tool box combo put in.
image.jpg

Busy week and weekend!!

TravelTiger

Got our Gateway 3750PT out of storage Friday morning to start getting ready for summer. I've been collecting parts for the last few weeks, thanks in most part to this thread. Here's what has been accomplished so far:

Washed it.
Got Texas State Inpspection done.
Checked the batteries.
Fixed some trim molding that came loose (mainly because my son was hanging on it!)

Had some new shoes put on! Goodyear G614
View attachment 44253

Installed an electronic door lock.
View attachment 44254

Installed Morryde electric cord reel.
View attachment 44255

Installed Morryde pin box with the help of a friend.
View attachment 44256

Installed ToyLok on pinbox.
View attachment 44257

Installed 2 DWI Sewer hose carriers. I have propane lines down both sides, so I took 1" square tubing, cut to fit and painted black to use as spacers to get below gas lines.
View attachment 44258
View attachment 44259

Replaced front compartment lock with combi-lock.
View attachment 44260

Last, but not least, I started to mount a water filter and regulator in the connections compartment. Still have a couple connections to make, but I need to order another hose to make the fit just right. To mount everything to, I cut and installed aluminum diamond plate on the front and back of compartment side. Really strengthened the wall to mount stuff to.
View attachment 44261

If any of these look like a project you posted on here, Thank You! I wish I made notes of who's ideas I was stealing, especially the water filter/regulator project.
Still have a few more projects, but it will have to wait for another weekend.

Oh, and one more. Does this count as something done to our camper? It was the 4:10 vs. 3:73 thread that got me to looking. It is a new 2015 that was still on the lot, so I couldn't pass up the deal. 2015 GMC 3500 SLT 4x4 DRW. Already had my Airlifter 5000 installed along with our fifth wheel hitch. Also had an RDS 60 gallon fuel / tool box combo put in.
View attachment 44262

Busy week and weekend!!

Wow, lots of great mods, thanks for sharing! Love the truck!!

I saw you are in Midland, just in case you didn't know, we have a West Texas Chapter of the Heartland Owners Club. Be on the lookout for upcoming West Texas Chapter events!

TravelTiger

Well, finally we have our Glowstep Revolution steps installed!

af2068fcb8d4f363388b831f4dd4c5d8.jpg

Out with the old

5f2209bb8dcf2fedc945285ed4f54cc1.jpg

In with the new

One thing to note, the steps come in two widths. Because our opening was narrower than the wider-sized stairs, we had to go with the 25.5" stairs. The treads are about 1.5" narrower than the OEM.

Positives
- Relatively easy to install, if you follow the directions.
- MUCH lighter than OEM stairs
- Easy to operate.
- High quality components and very well made.
- VERY stable thanks to the adjustable feet.
- Like the feel of the Aluminum treads.
- Can be adjusted to varying terrain. (Love this!)

Drawbacks:
- Requires a different technique to deploy/fold up the stairs, which will require a slight learning curve.

-In our installation, the steps are narrower than OEM.

186ad3dfa74dd89b45d8509bb8754241.jpg

Folded stairs

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Nice steps Erika let use know how you like them after a few months.
Do you move around a lot or stay in one place for months on end ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

davebennington

I changed the manual reset circuit breaker (the one with the little button on the side) to a standard 50 amp auto reset breaker, got tired of the batteries going dead and not finding about it until we were trying to break camp.

I do not know why Heartland uses the manual resetting circuit breaker for the line that charges the batteries while all the others are auto reset.

dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I changed the manual reset circuit breaker (the one with the little button on the side) to a standard 50 amp auto reset breaker, got tired of the batteries going dead and not finding about it until we were trying to break camp.

I do not know why Heartland uses the manual resetting circuit breaker for the line that charges the batteries while all the others are auto reset.

dave
Good question Dave I wonder what their theory is behind that one.

TravelTiger

Nice steps Erika let use know how you like them after a few months.
Do you move around a lot or stay in one place for months on end ?

Jarrod, we are fulltime but working, so mostly we stay put. However, we go to rallies and visit family and such, so we travel as much as "vacationers" would. Since buying this Big Country in January, we've gone somewhere at least once a month.

TravelTiger

We love our new Lippert aluminum steps.
way better than the factory steps that were on it.

Jerrod, I agree the Aluminum steps from Lippert are a great improvement over the heavy steel steps.

However, they don't adjust to varying terrain. That was my main motivation for getting the Glowstep Revolution Steps. Our last two parks we "lived" at, the ground sloped away from the main pad the trailer wheels rested on. We had to add a separate structure (a folding step) to make the last step to the ground bearable. I have knee issues that can be especially rough when the step distance is larger than it should be. With the new BC I have 4 treads instead of 3, but the treads are not as deep and they are steeper than our previous ElkRidge.

With the Glowstep Revolution, they can be adjusted up or down to help make the transition from rig to ground consistent and easy, no matter the terrain.

Chippendale

Put new Michelins, LT 235/85 R 16 "E's", on the old Gateway in preparation for summer travels. Also spent the afternoon going through each closet, drawer and cabinet, getting rid of unused/unneeded clutter. Will do all the outside storage compartments another day. They will probably have to tie it down to the scales to keep it from floating off when I take it to be weighed. Also have an appointment to take it in on the 26th for an AC check. It cools, but cycles on and off real fast. My guess is a defective thermostat but the service guy says it may be something else, thank goodness I purchased an extended warranty as they also had to replace the residential refrigerator a couple of months ago. Warranty is paying for it's self this time.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Put new Michelins, LT 235/85 R 16 "E's", on the old Gateway in preparation for summer travels.

Are you coming to Colorado again this summer?

We've got a Colorado HOC Rally coming up in three weeks, so Thursday I have to start getting the Prowler ready to go.