Your Opinion Please

Rodbuster

If I was ordering a new Landmark and trading in my 2012 Key Largo, what would you do about the tires.

The new unit will come with the Goodyear G614'S, but I was thinking of selling them or working out a deal with a tire shop (if possible) and putting on the 17.5 wheels with the Goodyear H114's.

Is this do-able, or am I going to take a big licking???
What do you think?

Dick

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Well Dick, I think your going to take a "big licking" either way trading a 2012. So, if the 17.5 Wheels and tires make you feel safer going down the road then by all means do it. After all what's a few more $$$$ compared to yours and your wife's safety!!! My two cents.

BTW, really looking forward to meeting you in person in Goshen.

danemayer

Dick,

There do seem to be a lot of people interested in upgrading from Load Range E to G wheels and tires, so you might be able to sell new wheels and tires pretty easily. There are probably a few people who would like to save $500 on a set of 5 new tires and wheels. Shipping cost might be something to look into in advance. So you might have to pay for the price difference going to 17.5", plus discount necessary to entire a buyer for the 16", plus shipping cost.

ParkIt

Geared towards those with military benefits...has anyone bought the 17.5 G through them and was it less?

I noticed with winter tires on my truck it was a lot less expensive to order them through the exchange but not sure about these size tires in the G load range. This isn't something I would do until this fall since it will be at the same park June through September/October. Is there a better time to buy them like a seasonal thing?

hillsonwheels

Dave.......I really don't know if you'll feel the same after meeting "the Rodbuster" at Goshen. :confused: He's a lot to handle...especially when golfing! :rolleyes:

Rodbuster

Dave.......I really don't know if you'll feel the same after meeting "the Rodbuster" at Goshen. :confused: He's a lot to handle...especially when golfing! :rolleyes:

I don't bother anybody, I go to church, I mind my own business....and I still get stuff like this.

Dick, sure hope your going to give one of your "golf clinics" at Goshen. I know several people that wouldn't miss that for the world.

Dick

marvmarcy

Dick, I wanted to upgrade to bigger axles, wheels and tires when I bought my Landmark, but it wasn't an option from Heartland. I've heard from many folks on this and other forums and drawn some conclusions for myself: 1) GY614s seem to run fairly trouble free until they're 3 years old - after that your risks go up rapidly with time. 2) Installing GY114s on the standard 7k axles requires special wheels and larger studs. 3) If you're going to put on GY114s, it makes sense to upgrade the axles from 7k to 8k and get disc brakes as well.

I participate on the Escapees HDT forum, and many folks there have upgraded to larger axles w/disc brakes and 17.5" wheels and tires. I intend to do the full upgrade before my tires approach three years old.

Marv