2013 Goshen, IN - Heartland Gives Back (Babies Wrapped in Love)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselsweetheart

Re: Blankets for babes at the Gillette rally

Touching base with everyone and wondering how the blankets are coming along? I have one 1/2 done!! I need to get busier...but camping time is coming up and that's a great way to pass some time!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: 2013 "Heartland Give Back" (Goshen) - Babies Wrapped in Love

I think Mrs. JohnDar has six sets, so far.

thibideau

Cheryl

Have 3 completed and have 2 almost finished. Hoping to have 6 in total. See you in Goshen

neilandnanci

Cheryl, I have 2 done and working on my 3rd one now. I am doing the tie ones and they are a lot of fun while we are on the road. It passes the time while my husband is driving. :rolleyes:

VKTalley

I have one crochet blanket in progress and 5 crochet blankets I found at Goodwill along with one lightweight polar fleece (brand new). Hoping to get several more finished before June. Have yarn bought for about 5 blankets. Need to get through a wedding that I am coordinating at my church for a good friend's daughter....one more week and that will be done, then travel time with crocheting while Malcolm (MCT) drives.

kkamshop

This year I have no time to make a blanket because I am the daily babysitter of our little granddaughter and am using every spare minute to finish a counted cross stitch stocking for another grandchild whose arrival is sometime the first week of July! The stocking is quite an undertaking, as I need to use a magnifying glass and readers to see where the needle should go, LOL.

Anyway, I will donate diapers and formula, which babies go through faster than you can imagine!

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Kathy and that reminds me of a something very important....ladies! You can still contribute even if you feel you weren't bitten by the crochet/knitting bug....don't forget about the "no-sew" tie fleece blankets...we had about a dozen of those donated last time...and they are just as cozy! My daughter had learned how to make them a few years ago so check with your family members to see if they know how to make them too! Fleece fabric is often put on sale and you can make a blanket for about $20 or less.

If sewing/tying knots is so totally not in your repertoire, think about a donation of diapers, formula, infant cereal, etc. They will all be welcome!!

There will be a luncheon on Friday of that week (as we had 2 years ago) for all contributors. I am looking forward to seeing you all and your wonderful donations!

I'll keep the thread active so we can stay in touch! Thanks!!!;)

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

As a side note, if you're having difficulty finding those large Ziploc bags, Lowe's has them. Seems the local WalMarts only had the 10 gallon (XXL) size. Great if you're bagging a Volkswagen.

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Darlene!! LOL

Don't forget I will be handing out the tags to put onto your donations...I will do that early, probably at the first welcome night...so they can be tagged before Friday's lunch!

Also, store-bought blankets (for the non-sewing folks...and even the guys can shop!!) are perfect too!!!

neilandnanci

Cheryl, If anyone has a Joanna's Craft and Fabric store near them, they have a premade kit with 2 pieces of fleece and the directions all together for $12.50 including tax. On the package it says $22.00 but they always have them half price. That way you can do the double thick tie blankets for a very reasonable price. FYI

dieselsweetheart

Thanks Nanci for the update! If you can tie a knot, you can make a fleece blanket! And they are WARM!

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

I have made about 20 plus new born hats, they are different sizes, as some babies have bigger heads than others.. Oh they are so soft.

VKTalley

Just thought I'd check in and let you know that I'm up to 10 blankets (some made by me, some bought at Goodwill). All but one are handmade. Looking forward to Goshen and seeing what everyone donates!

dieselsweetheart

I had to clean out my inbox....try again! I had a lot of messages.

dieselsweetheart

I received 3 beautiful blankets from Martha in the mail this morning...Martha and Paul are not able to attend the Goshen rally, so I am very happy she put them in the mail for me!!! How is everyone else doing?? I am almost done with one and will start another one right away.... keep it up ladies!! We can make this happen!!! thanks!

neilandnanci

I have 2 store bought and 3 tied blankets done so far. Working on my 4th one. Hope to have a total with the store bought ones of 8 or 10 for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.