2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

jbeletti

Jim and Julie will be posting it as they get thing finalized. They are still working out details for entertainment. Jim has a pretty good idea, but for obvious reasons doesn't want to put anything out until things start getting nailed down a little more firmly.

Rod

Kelly - Rod's right on this. I got much of the agenda planned for the items you asked about but I have a couple of outliers still. Want to nail them down before I post much. I expect to post a very preliminary agenda in the next few days.

danemayer

Less than a week until the "planned" sign-up time. No new details?
Detailed agendas and other info not required for registration typically come out much closer to the date of the rally. But I think the basic rally agenda will be followed:

• Meet other owners and make new friends
  • Visit with old friends
  • Eat
  • Enjoy the entertainment
  • Sightsee
  • Repeat

Oh I almost forgot. Find the guy with the Fireball Ice Cream!

TheWade2

Hi,
OMG, we (I thought, I know) responded early on to the survey, and said we would be there! I just reviewed all 29 pages and didn't see anything from us! We are planning on being in Vegas for the entire rally, etc!!! We are caravanning with our group, from Vagas, Bakersield, Jackson. From what I've read it sounds like it may be quite difficult to get a reservation in Vegas! What can we do? Have never been to a rally like this. Have been only to a couple here in Oregon. Am pretty concerned! Should I be???
Carol Wade

wdk450

Hi,
OMG, we (I thought, I know) responded early on to the survey, and said we would be there! I just reviewed all 29 pages and didn't see anything from us! We are planning on being in Vegas for the entire rally, etc!!! We are caravanning with our group, from Vagas, Bakersield, Jackson. From what I've read it sounds like it may be quite difficult to get a reservation in Vegas! What can we do? Have never been to a rally like this. Have been only to a couple here in Oregon. Am pretty concerned! Should I be???
Carol Wade

Carol:
Post #276 on this thread says that reservations will open on March 2nd, 12 noon CST.
If you do not get in to the rally park, check RVParkReviews.com for a listing of all RV parks in the Las Vegas area.
I plan to stay at an off-rally site RV park, and HOPE I can be included in the on-park activities. We will see when registration opens.

Follow this link for details on the 2016 Heartland Owners National Rally: https://heartlandowners.org/club/2015/12/29/national-rally-dates-location/

danemayer

Hi,
Carol Wade

Carol,

Responding to this thread doesn't get you a reservation - it's just a way of getting a sense of how many people are thinking about coming.

Once registration actually opens, you and everyone else will have an opportunity to register and reserve a site. You'll want to keep a watch for notification here and elsewhere on the forum.

A couple of years ago, there was one rally that was sold out in something like 52 hours. It's a good idea to have your VIN # handy, length of your rig, know whether you'll have a pet with you, have an emergency contact name/phone #, know your T-Shirt sizes, and have your credit card ready. Arrival and departure dates will also be needed. If you have all that ahead of time, the actual registration will be very fast.

rjr6150

Re: UPDATE: 2016 - Las Vegas Rally

If I recall correctly members will receive an email stating reservations are now open?

danemayer

If I recall correctly members will receive an email stating reservations are now open?
That's been the case in past years. However, in the past, a few people have had problems where their email systems have treated the notice as spam, or even blacklisted the server. And time from sending the email to receipt has not been uniform for everyone.

It's a good idea to check the forum frequently as the target date approaches.

And if it does sell out, be sure to get on the wait list. Some number of registrants always drop out late in the game for various reasons. In the past, I think all wait listers have gotten in.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

For those that are new to the North American Rally registration be advised that you will need to create a new account using your email address and new password.
The registration does not recognize your forum username or password.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Less than a week until the "planned" sign-up time. No new details?

Yes this was the point I was trying to make. I saw the registration page. It might have been changed but I know most of us would like a little more info as to what we are purchasing. So as long as a GENERAL rundown is posted prior, I'm good. But just dates did not really answer that for me. I know Jim will put that info out at some time and was just asking if it had been posted somewhere that I did not see as I don't follow Facebook to much anymore.

jbeletti

For those that are new to the North American Rally registration be advised that you will need to create a new account using your email address and new password.

Peace
Dave

To put a finer point on Dave's comment - the email address that you will use at the beginning of the reservation process, you will use your FORUM/CLUB "email" address. Some people have many email addresses for various purposes. We don't know what those other email addresses are. To perform a validation, we load your Forum/Club email address into the system.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

To put a finer point on Dave's comment - the email address that you will use at the beginning of the reservation process, you will use your FORUM/CLUB "email" address. Some people have many email addresses for various purposes. We don't know what those other email addresses are. To perform a validation, we load your Forum/Club email address into the system.

I'm ready and chompin at the bit Jim. Just let me know when. :) :)

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member

Peace
Dave

For simplification, we have eliminated the need for a password. Enter the same email address as you use for the HOC as the registration system will verify the address you enter against your HOC email.

Gaffer

Good. We like simple!
For simplification, we have eliminated the need for a password. Enter the same email address as you use for the HOC as the registration system will verify the address you enter against your HOC email.

jbeletti

Here's a handy link to the sub-forum that shows all the threads about this rally on a single page.

Click the link, then bookmark it and check it out daily if you really want to keep up with what's being added, changed and discussed.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired

Thanks Jim, for all you do. Trace

Last edited: