EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Natchitoches - 3/29/2019 to 3/31/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleC

Lil Guy,
Got it, made a mental note. One bottle negro modelo and case of captain Morgan spiced rum to site 22.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the info.!
Looks like he's got us covered! Thanks!

So I guess we just need to show up!

Kyle

'Lil Guy'

Andy, is the attendance list up to date? I know Ted and Dee and Ed and Susan Potts will be in attendance.
Also, is there any itinerary you can post up for the 'Breakfast Extravaganza' and the meet and greet, etc...

Thinking of making fresh glazed donuts to replace the missing bignuts. I could set up an assembly line and let everyone glaze their own from the cooling rack. I don't want to say they're good but I can eat a dozen by myself. If interested, let me know. They're from a Krispi Kreme recipe that is real close. Maybe Saturday morning.

For the 'Breakfast Extravaganza' Friday morning after we determine the location, someone needs to have the big coffee pot going.
Looking forward to our 1st rally of the year. If anyone is interested in the donuts, let me know.
Later and have a great day.

'Lil Guy'

Sorry for the false info.

1st Ed and Susan Potts won't be attending due to a wedding they're attending near New Orleans.
2nd Debbie said the donuts for this size grouip would be tough due to the space neededd to let them rise for the required time.

Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. Debbie and I are ready for another trip.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry for the false info.

1st Ed and Susan Potts won't be attending due to a wedding they're attending near New Orleans.
2nd Debbie said the donuts for this size grouip would be tough due to the space neededd to let them rise for the required time.

Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. Debbie and I are ready for another trip.

I was going to say I hadn’t heard from the Potts but never mind lol.

As far as space we will have use of the hall/kitchen Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avvidclif

For those coming to the rally. I don't know if it's been posted but you don't want to go thru old downtown with your rv (see pic, the lanes are abt 9' wide and the lights are at 14' I guess. I left all of them hanging anyway and I'm 13'6") Suggested route is Take LA6 exit off of I49 and go East. Follow LA6 and it will make a left turn at the Super 1 Grocery store. If you go straight you get to enjoy DT. Follow to LA6/Hwy 3175 bypass and turn right on bypass. It will take you back to old LA6. At the intersection turn left and it will take you to the road for Grand Ecore. (See map https://duckduckgo.com/?q=map+natchitoches,+la&t=ffsb&ia=maps&iaxm=maps) Don't get in a hurry, it sneaks up on you.

On the donuts if you have the rec center your gate access code gives you access to the rec center. Lots of space to fix donuts.... (Pic)

I'm still trying to figure out if we can make it. We were there in Dec and it's beautiful, park and city.

Attachments

• IMG_2229.jpg
    IMG_2229.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2224.jpg
    IMG_2224.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 20

avvidclif

Ok, the Social Secretary came thru and saw me posting about Natchitoches. She checked the calendar and gave approval so add Clif and Millie Holland to the mix in Site 29. Arriving 3/28 (Thur).

Could someone (Lil'guy) post a picture of "Margaritaville". She hasn't seen it and I can't find it

jassson007

For those coming to the rally. I don't know if it's been posted but you don't want to go thru old downtown with your rv (see pic, the lanes are abt 9' wide and the lights are at 14' I guess. I left all of them hanging anyway and I'm 13'6") Suggested route is Take LA6 exit off of I49 and go East. Follow LA6 and it will make a left turn at the Super 1 Grocery store. If you go straight you get to enjoy DT. Follow to LA6/Hwy 3175 bypass and turn right on bypass. It will take you back to old LA6. At the intersection turn left and it will take you to the road for Grand Ecore. (See map https://duckduckgo.com/?q=map+natchitoches,+la&t=ffsb&ia=maps&iaxm=maps) Don't get in a hurry, it sneaks up on you.

On the donuts if you have the rec center your gate access code gives you access to the rec center. Lots of space to fix donuts.... (Pic)

I'm still trying to figure out if we can make it. We were there in Dec and it's beautiful, park and city.

You can’t go that way anyway as signs tell you to turn

jassson007

Ok, the Social Secretary came thru and saw me posting about Natchitoches. She checked the calendar and gave approval so add Clif and Millie Holland to the mix in Site 29. Arriving 3/28 (Thur).

Could someone (Lil'guy) post a picture of "Margaritaville". She hasn't seen it and I can't find it

Good deal. Be great to meet y’all.

avvidclif

You can’t go that way anyway as signs tell you to turn

The signs say something along the lines of no commercial vehicles (big rigs). It was interesting anyway and my navigator kept insisting we go straight, goofup maps said so.

'Lil Guy'

If she shows up at the rally, She'll find it for sure. Free Margaritss Thursday evening. These are old pics. It's been updated and looks a lot better now and larger.

Attachments

• DSC_0687.jpg
    DSC_0687.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC_0601.jpg
    DSC_0601.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

jassson007

Hey everyone just about a month and a half till the rally. I will make sure roster is up to date later this week. Sites have been released back to park but it is an area that if there are sites available you won’t be far from us. Also those that are going to be there be thinking about your contribution to breakfast (club will have all paper goods) as well as the pot luck on Saturday (I cooking another gumbo). All meals will be in the rally hall/kitchen as we have it as well for Friday and Saturday. Let me know if you have any questions.

'Lil Guy'

For our Breakfast Extravaganza, I'll be supplying and cooking the bacon and pan sausage. Be thinking of what you might add for the breakfast. Examples could be Biscuits, gravy, potatoes, cheesy grits, egg dishes (scrambled, casserole, etc,), fruit, and pastries. Just make sure we have plenty of biscuits and gravy along with fried potatoes or hash browns.
Debbie and the girls will provide Mimosas to drink. for those not familiar with it, it's Prosecco wine mixed with orange and pineapple juice. .

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Bring an appetite to the breakfast. It's a great way to start a rally where everyone can meet early.

Please, potatoes, biscuits and gravy for the meat cookers.lol

pegmikef

For our Breakfast Extravaganza, I'll be supplying and cooking the bacon and pan sausage. Be thinking of what you might add for the breakfast. Examples could be Biscuits, gravy, potatoes, cheesy grits, egg dishes (scrambled, casserole, etc,), fruit, and pastries. Just make sure we have plenty of biscuits and gravy along with fried potatoes or hash browns.
Debbie and the girls will provide Mimosas to drink. for those not familiar with it, it's Prosecco wine mixed with orange and pineapple juice. .

Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Bring an appetite to the breakfast. It's a great way to start a rally where everyone can meet early.

Please, potatoes, biscuits and gravy for the meat cookers.lol

Same deal Frank. Peggy and I will do the gravy and we will provide the meat for it.

'Lil Guy'

Anyone attending that might assist in flipping bacon and sausage for the Breakfast Extravaganza? Doesn't look like our regular crew is going to make it. I'll have two cookers going with bacon and an electric skillet going with the sausage. Any volunteers? If not, we'll get it done. Looking forward to the rally.

Thanks for the info Mike. I'm getting old and didn't remember your post. Without going back and rereading every post, I can't keep up with it.
Maybe if everyone will repost up their offerings for the breakfast, I could start a post with a list of what to expect.

jassson007

Anyone attending that might assist in flipping bacon and sausage for the Breakfast Extravaganza? Doesn't look like our regular crew is going to make it. I'll have two cookers going with bacon and an electric skillet going with the sausage. Any volunteers? If not, we'll get it done. Looking forward to the rally.

Thanks for the info Mike. I'm getting old and didn't remember your post. Without going back and rereading every post, I can't keep up with it.
Maybe if everyone will repost up their offerings for the breakfast, I could start a post with a list of what to expect.

If it comes down to it I will assist the best I can. I also have an electric grill we can use.

Status
Not open for further replies.