EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 10/25/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWinklers

Hi Donna, The dessert thing is kinda covered already, as is the stuffing idea. With a smallish group, could you find it in your heart to do something in the way of a veggie dish? We have soup, ham, stuffing, chili, mac and cheese, stir fry veggies, meatball sandwiches, sausage and peppers along with 2 unspecified desserts. That's the list as I have it right now. Hope it's helpful in your decision making process.
Absolutely not a problem at all I will do more then one! See you Friday!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Ed, We have been nothing but supportive in your and Irene's efforts to hold this rally. Making many offers of assistance on the Forum. That being said I do not appreciate the cheap shot that you have taken in the 2014 posting "She will assign you a site that your rig ACTUALLY fits in.". As I recall only two or three out of the 30 sites had problems with their sites and when the members called in they spoke to the campground and decided which site they wanted. No on was assigned a site! End of story.[/QUOTE
I don't believe that was the intent we took it as helpful information for next year rally since we
were one of the couples having issues finding a spot large enough to accommodate us we were not planning on coming until Ed & Irene went above & beyond working with the campground to accommodate a larger site and we are able to attend

porthole

Retired
"She will assign you a site that your rig ACTUALLY fits in.".

Doesn't surprise me at all. Don't see where it is a cheap shot by any means. Especially since the organizers don't pull a 41' 5th wheel.

Many South Jersey campgrounds are:

Older
Designed around travel trailers - before slide outs
Smaller sites
Narrow roads (Bakers Acres - oh my!)
Over priced
Charge for everything

And - cater to seasonals

oldmannj

OK folks, rallies are for fun not friction. Let's all just have a great weekend together. ED.:angel:

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Thank you Ed for your response! As I said end of story. We will not respond to any posts! I agree we should have a great weekend together!

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
You want me to say what I am bringing to the pot luck? I dont know what I am eating today... I plan on making Beef with Noodles and gravy though.
Getting ready to leave today so I hope I have everything ready as Ginger wants the recipe..

oldmannj

Deb, beef and noodles happens to be one of my favorite things in the whole wide world!! Sounds yummy, I'll be first in THAT line!!!!

oldmannj

Looks like a perfect weekend for a rally!!! Seems like it's gonna be a bit chilly, but looking forward to a great end to a terrific camping season for us. See you all in Cape May !!!! ED. :angel:

mrmagoo

Our rig is packed away for the winter...:(

I hope you all have a great time... From what I have seen, Ed & Irene know how to throw a party! so I am sure this will be a great time.... Stoke up the fire and keep warm! Laugh from the gut and appreciate the friendship from the heart. We will miss the laughs and friendship of this group... I wish I were going to be with you.

Safe Travels to everyone!

TheWinklers

ya'll may experience grumpy Rob tomorrow..just a heads up..he's having root canal tomorrow at noon! He says he will be fine so we shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.