EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We are sorry that we will definately miss this rally. Won't be able to pick up the BH until Saturday. :( We'll miss you all but will see you in Goshen! Hugs to everyone!

cjhicks

We are sorry that we will definately miss this rally. Won't be able to pick up the BH until Saturday. :( We'll miss you all but will see you in Goshen! Hugs to everyone!
Sorry that you cannot make it to Pa. "Mama" will miss you. We should be in around noon ,tonight we are staying at one of those "What the **** kind of campground is this" called Woodland Park in Ebensburg PA. Looked good in the book 200 sites most of which are old permanent rundown trailers. Oh well on to better places tomorrow.

gschaaf

Hi everyone we're here in a campground around state college spending the night. We'll be in portersville around noon tommoro. Hey Deb sorry to here you and John won't be at PA rally we'll miss you guys but we'll hold up the NJ end see ya in goshen.

Fran and Glenn

dieselsweetheart

Glenn and Fran we'll probably be showing up at the same time!! Have a safe trip in!!

GF Deb...it is what it is...at least you will be ready for Goshen and that's the BIG one!! I really wouldn't want you to miss that one!!! I am just happy your BH is done and be sure to thank Dina and the crew a heartfelt thanks from the PA crew!!!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Sorry that you cannot make it to Pa. "Mama" will miss you. We should be in around noon ,tonight we are staying at one of those "What the **** kind of campground is this" called Woodland Park in Ebensburg PA. Looked good in the book 200 sites most of which are old permanent rundown trailers. Oh well on to better places tomorrow.

Calvin, Please tell Judy I miss her too but we'll sit in Goshen and chat with her "mama" soon! I could hear the laughter after "What the ****"? Thanks for making me smile!

Hi everyone we're here in a campground around state college spending the night. We'll be in portersville around noon tommoro. Hey Deb sorry to here you and John won't be at PA rally we'll miss you guys but we'll hold up the NJ end see ya in goshen.

Fran and Glenn

I knew I could depend on you two! Be safe and enjoy yourselves!

Glenn and Fran we'll probably be showing up at the same time!! Have a safe trip in!!

GF Deb...it is what it is...at least you will be ready for Goshen and that's the BIG one!! I really wouldn't want you to miss that one!!! I am just happy your BH is done and be sure to thank Dina and the crew a heartfelt thanks from the PA crew!!!

Oh you bet I will! One more scheduling set back may mean sleeping in Mike & Ann's basement but I know they want to be sure of everything and it has been way to hot for fast moving work! I am grateful either way! I couldn't have asked for better service!

porthole

Retired
11 PM and the last fire of the 2011 PA rally was given a final turn of the coals.
3 of us here Sunday night and rolling out in the morning.

Great rally, fine food (and way too much) and a fine facility with camp personnel that seemed happy to have us for the weekend.

Great job Cheryl & Jim (and to your "scouts")

Oh - and the ice cream!

jbeletti

Sounds like another great PA rally. I got pics of the huge contingent rolling into Goshen this afternoon. See you when you get here Duane. Travel safe.

Jim

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Good Morning from Goshen. I just wanted to thank Jim & Cheryl for another great rally. The CG went out of their way to make our stay a good one! The images in my mind from the wagon ride will not soon be forgotten.

We had a successful convoy with 9 other Heartlanders. Luckily we did not see any bears taking pictures, nobody was bear bait and we all got here safe and sound so we could press the sheets. 10-4 good buddy.

Catch you on the flip-flop.

bdb2047

Just wanted to thank Jim&Cheryl for a great weekend.Meet a lot of great people.Disappointted we could not go on to Goshen but looking forward to Deleware.Hope all had an unevent full trip.

truknutt

Committed Member
Had a great weekend with Heartland friends in Portersville, PA! Our rallies are so well-renowned that they come from as far away as Texas to join us!! Hope everyone enjoyed their time & a big "hats off" to Cheryl & Jim for their time & effort to make it a rally to remember.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We too enjoyed the rally, thank you Cheryl. We are looking forward to seeing some of the friends we made this weekend at Goshen this week.

dieselsweetheart

Thank you EVERYONE for making the trip out to PA for our 3rd annual rally! We had a great time and a big hats off to Todd and Keith and the rest of the staff at Bear Run for going the "extra mile" to make sure we all had a great time. Thanks to Dan (my man in the field) for scouting out the CG since it would have been a big trip for Jim and me to make just to check it out....a big thank you to my sister/brother chapter leaders, Ann, Mike, Beth and Greg....for all your help...it's difficult to run a rally by ourselves and the extra hands meant everything to us! A big thank you to our wagonmasters Nona and Dave who went above and beyond the call of duty in assisting us with this one. We all have become great friends and I can't think of anyone else I would rather spend 3 days and 2 nights with! Heartland folks ARE THE BEST!!

The convoy into Goshen was a sight to behold and I can't wait to see JB's photos of us arriving at the fairgrounds. I texted him and told him what a great photo we would all make for the newsletter. Made me feel proud to be a Heartlander to come into the fairgrounds, followed by 8 other rigs....and have people waiting to take our picture...what a great feeling!!!

For those of you not going on to Goshen, we will miss you. But soon we will be planning the 4th annual PA rally so stay tuned...! And maybe we'll see you soon at another state rally...there are more to go!!!

As always,safe travels. Until we meet again.... We love you guys!!!

dieselsweetheart

Jay and Stella, you are great folks!! We're soooooo happy we met you....so glad you made the trip out (even though we heard the story about how you thought we were closer)...sorry!! But we're glad you didn't turn around and came on out....now we are neighbors in Goshen and can say "howdy"...cause now we really know each other!!!

Glad you enjoyed our time together!!

dieselsweetheart

Back from Goshen and oh my....you guys who didn't continue on with us....you missed a nice one! Even the infield was a great place! They all had a great time over there and had a lot more room to spread out. They had full hook-ups out there too! Make sure you mark your 2013 calendar for Goshen. Did you know the service work on site is without cost?? Make sure you catch up with the rally thread to read the comments left by very satisfied people!

Well that's it for us for 2011. Now Jim and I can sit back and enjoy the other rallies. (Actually, we are part of the DE 5er rally so maybe we won't relax for that one!)

We are very happy you joined us in PA and we hope that when you are considering a future state rally you will think of your home state (or your neighbor state) and put us on your 2012 calendar.

Stay tuned for details later this year and as always, Happy Camping and Safe Travels!!!

Hugs to everybody!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.