EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Portersville - 6/10/2011 to 6/12/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

szewczyk_john

I'm very close to the area and I do a lot of motorcycle riding in the area. For those looking for ideas please check out McConnel mills state park to the west of the campground off of rt 422. There is a tiny town of Volant selling amish goods and some great fly fishing to the north and there is also a Grove City outlet shops. THe guys might like to take a tour of the Wendell August Forge. The make handmade medal goods from aluminum, copper, bronze and the like, they do it the old fashioned way and they turn out some real pieces of art. I must work Saturday afternoon but I might make it Saturday night with the wife.

Last edited:

cableman

Cheryl, I am glad you came to see the campground early. I was a little concerned of the size of the place. Alot smaller than some folks are used to. Me, I am a small town fellow and felt kinda cozy, and I can squeeze the north trail in some pretty tight spots. I live a hillside or two away and if anybody has any questions just let me know and I will do my best to help.

szewczyk_john

Thought that I would mention that there is a large pilot fueling station on route 422 west just off I-79. Not the cheapest but if you have your unit behind you, there will be no problems with height or length. This is an exit or two south of the campground.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Cheryl...we've been so busy with our Son's wedding reception that was yesterday, that I didn't pay attention to dates. I'll check when I get back to the trailer in Gettysburg, but I'm positive we're scheduled to arrive at the CG on THURSDAY!! I sure hope so, since we have to be out of our Gettysburg site on Thursday morning. SOOO...I guess we won't be meeting you at Sideling Hill....:eek:

Is there anything we can take care of for you before anyone else arrives??

dieselengineer

Charter Member
Thought that I would mention that there is a large pilot fueling station on route 422 west just off I-79. Not the cheapest but if you have your unit behind you, there will be no problems with height or length. This is an exit or two south of the campground.

For all that are continuing to Goshen, There is a Flying J at exit 234 off of RT80 just across the PA / OH line. The coordinates are 41.1829580, -80.5703000. The current price for diesel is 3.87 bring your RV loyalty card (oh for you gas engine people, (Greg) the gas price is currently 3.75)

It is about 45 miles from Bear Run (Pa rally campground) so plan ahead.

Last edited:

cableman

I was reading the paper this morning and discovered there is an RV show June 10,11,12. This is at the Butler Farm Show grounds around 15 miles from campground. Admission is free, parking is $6.00 a carload (truckload). This is not a show with a 100 rigs but probably 25-30 rigs at the show. We have a local dealer that offers sundance models, not sure if there will be any there. If anybody would be interested I can provide detailed directions.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
We'll be arriving on Thursday. I was told that our check-in time was also 4 o'clock but that shouldn't be a problem.

See y'all in a few days!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Hey Cheryl,

Looking forward to our low Gas price and are quick pit stop for gas no lines for me !!!:p see ya in Goshen !! hehehe There are some advantages for a gasser !!

For all that are continuing to Goshen, There is a Flying J at exit 234 off of RT80 just across the PA / OH line. The coordinates are 41.1829580, -80.5703000. The current price for diesel is 3.87 bring your RV loyalty card (oh for you gas engine people, (Greg) the gas price is currently 3.75)

It is about 45 miles from Bear Creek (Pa rally campground) so plan ahead.

dieselsweetheart

Jay, check in time is noon!! You are ok to go in at noon.... I confirmed this with Todd yesterday when I met with him....heck! At 4p the day is half over!!! I can't have any of that 4pm crap.... NO, we are ok to check in at noon!!!

Dan, thanks again for finding the place....when do you think you will be over to the CG?

Don't forget your items for the food pantry!!! I have set a goal of 100 items....

cableman

We will probably stop in friday evening for a couple hours and will be there saturday off and on. Then be there for the pot luck and the festivities in the evening. If anyone needs anything let me know I will do my best to help if I can.

cableman

One more thing, There is a pilot fuel station at exit 99, Rt. 422 west 1/2 mile. Plenty of parking and room to manuver. This is roughly 4 miles from the campground (campground is exit 96) some people may want to fuel up while unhitched.

jayc

Actually, our arrival time will probably be after 4 since we're leaving from Elkhart that morning. We don't leave at the crack of dawn nor do we get in a hurry, so we'll be there around 4 or so. Can't wait to meet everyone.

jayc

We've decided to avoid the toll road, so we'll post up the results of our trip when we get there.

porthole

Retired
Our "original" plan was to leave on Tuesday the 7th, stay mid way between the Jersey Shore (the real one) and Portersvile. A job at teh inlet delayed that a day and then today when I went to set the tire pressures I had a great surprise. All 6 TPMS sensors were seized to the wheels!
TPMS issue
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/24743-TPMS-sensors-siezed-to-valve-stems?p=182874#post182874

jayc

Well, we made it in from Elkhart. It rained all the way across Indiana but traffic wasn't too bad on the toll road. Yep, my wife told me last night that she thought we should take the toll road, so we bought an I-Zoom pass and motored on down the road. Really, the only bad traffic was on 422 near the park where there is a lot of construction.

We're here with several others and ready to rally!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.