EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: Quartzsite AZ, Brenda / Salome - 1/21/2015 to 1/25/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We are really stoked about coming down to Quartzsite!

This will be our third HOC rally.

Even our three campin' kitties are fired up that they don't have to wait until next spring to go campin'!

CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg

We are thinking of leaving a day earlier than originally planned so that we can stop by the Grand Canyon on the way down for a look-see.

From Denver I figure we'll make it to Albuquerque the first night . . .

Then maybe find a campground near Flagstaff or closer to the Grand Canyon for one night and then do a day trip to the canyon before we head down to the rally on the 21st.

Or maybe add the extra day after the rally to head up there . . .

Never been there and figure that we can't be that close without at least stopping there for a selphy! :cool:

We thought about making a day trip up there from the rally, although it looks like it might be a little to far away for a day trip in the winter.

Any thoughts on this?

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John:

You are just way too funny..... I showed Dakota the picture and she is thinking, wow something smaller to herd up.
See you soon and I will call Cathy this next week. We need something made for the Prize night.

Mrsfish

Since Garry obviously can't read, I will answer your question. The Grand Canyon is WAY too far for a day trip from the rally. Pulling to flagstaff and visiting the canyon would be a much better option. Just keep an eye on the weather - you will be on some high country (for us, anyway). Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. I won her towels and I love them!

MTPockets

We are really stoked about coming down to Quartzsite!

Even our three campin' kitties are fired up that they don't have to wait until next spring!

View attachment 32525

We are thinking of leaving a day earlier than originally planned so that we can stop by the Grand Canyon on the way down for a look-see.

Never been there and figure that we can't be that close without at least stopping there for a selphy! :cool:

Maybe find a campground near Flagstaff for one night and then do a day trip to the canyon.

We thought about making a day trip up there from the rally, although it looks like it might be a little to far away for a day trip in the winter.

Any thoughts on this?
John, Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Village is about 80 miles, while it's closer to 300 miles from Quartzite. That time of year you can probably get campsite at Grand Canyon too.

Last edited:

Doublegranch

ooops....didn't see the bottom portion of your posting....sorry, I am wrapping up from our first Rally and trying to process things....
And Yes MSFish, I can read some things....just not all things.....but thank you for helping me out.....You of all people know I need help.

JohnD

John:

You are just way too funny..... I showed Dakota the picture and she is thinking, wow something smaller to herd up.
See you soon and I will call Cathy this next week. We need something made for the Prize night.

However, all seven of our cats are Mainecoon's . . . and they are all very large cats!

Spicy (the one on the left in the first photo) is 20 pounds and is probably close to the same size as Dakota!

CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg Spicy-PA254749.jpg SpicyOnStairs-PA084698.jpg

Part of the reason I needed a new truck was because of the size and weight of the cats! :eek: (not really...just made that up) ;)

I'm sure Cathy can set you up with a great item for the prize night!

I'll let her know you'll be callin'!

JohnD

Since Garry obviously can't read, I will answer your question. The Grand Canyon is WAY too far for a day trip from the rally. Pulling to flagstaff and visiting the canyon would be a much better option. Just keep an eye on the weather - you will be on some high country (for us, anyway). Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. I won her towels and I love them!

Cool!

I will let Cathy know about the towels!

We met Garry this past spring as he was parked right next door to us at the 2014 Colorado HOC Rally at Martindale RV Park near Colorado Springs.

HOCRally-IMG_2210.jpg HOCRally-IMG_2202.jpg

He was fired up about the crafts she makes and thought they would make some great prizes for the rally you just attended!

That was our first HOC Rally . . . and the Rifle, Colorado Rally just over three weeks ago, was our second.

Quartzsite will be our third . . . can't wait to meet you all and to have a blast!!!

JohnD

John, Flagstaff to Grand Canyon Village is about 80 miles, while it's closer to 300 miles from Quartzite. That time of year you can probably get campsite at Grand Canyon too.

Hey Terry (who was our next door neighbor at the 2014 Colorado HOC Rally at Rifle, Colorado last month) . . . can't wait to see you guys again!

Rusty (the orange cat in the middle and the youngest of the bunch) wants to get loose and hide out under your trailer again in the middle of the night! :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

CampinKitties-P9020527.jpg

It is looking like it might be better to plan the Grand Canyon stop on the way home as it might make the timing of the visit better.

Doublegranch

All pending spaces have been confirmed this morning....This puts us at 26 RV's. Wow this thing is expanding like a cow giving birth to a calf. okay so that was a little county talk..sorry..

Can't wait to see everyone again and meet all the other New Arizona Members that could not attend the Oct Rally.

Doublegranch

We confirmed two additional reservations this morning......Dave & Eileen from PA will be driving out to our Quartzsite Rally. Also Larry and Jane from our Chapter will be attending as well...

This puts our Rally total at 28....wow this is going to be like cooking for a small Army! How exciting!!

Doublegranch

Amazing results....our Quartzsite Rally now has a total of 29 RV's joining us. Three units are singles for a total of 55 people.
Our evening functions are going to be awesome.... I hope our Rally assist team is ready, as we will be doing a lot of cooking and cleaning.

Thank you so far to all who have joined this Rally. You are making it a very special event.

Garry & Dakota

Doublegranch

We were able to get John and Becci Zumwalt from OR into our Rally this morning. That places our list at 30 RV's. We still have two members needing to call into Linda at the RV resort with a credit card confirmation.
This Rally is absolutely going to be a HOOT.

John, corrected your name...so sorry! So tell me who is Dave? ha

Last edited:

JohnD

We've decided that we are going to leave two days earlier than planned so that we can do the Grand Canyon before the rally so that we won't have to miss any of the rally festivities!

Looks to me like the south rim will be the best bet for January . . .

MTPockets

We've decided that we are going to leave two days earlier than planned so that we can do the Grand Canyon before the rally so that we won't have to miss any of the rally festivities!

Looks to me like the south rim will be the best bet for January . . .
You'll love it.. I believe the North Rim is closed at that time. Enjoy. See you in a couple months.

JohnD

You'll love it.. I believe the North Rim is closed at that time. Enjoy. See you in a couple months.

Can't wait to see you guys again!

The Grand Canyon is something we've always wanted to see . . . and we can't be so close and not visit!

We are going to leave Denver two days earlier so that we can spend a couple of nights up there before the rally!

Doublegranch

Mark:
Remember to tell Michelle, she can't make too much....there will not be any left overs! Her Salsa is terrific...

Status
Not open for further replies.