EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Temperanceville - 5/30/2013 to 6/2/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

FiremanBill

Holy crap... gonna need a good weekend now. Woke up this morning to the house A/C making a strange noise. Went home for lunch to check on it and the motor is seized up in our air handler. Just got off the phone with the HVAC company and they will be out to replace it tomorrow... going to be at least $1500!!!!!!!!

unreal.....

Life sure comes at you fast sometimes.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Holy crap... gonna need a good weekend now. Woke up this morning to the house A/C making a strange noise. Went home for lunch to check on it and the motor is seized up in our air handler. Just got off the phone with the HVAC company and they will be out to replace it tomorrow... going to be at least $1500!!!!!!!!

unreal.....

Wow, that stinks! You're lucky to get someone in to fix it on such short notice. Up here in No. VA it takes three of four days to get a tech out. Three years ago ours starting getting loud, both the inside unit and the outside unit, and the cooling was going south. Turned out both the air handler and the compressor were going feet up. $10,000 later everything was working fine again. :mad:

FiremanBill

What sucks is I had the same thing happen about 6 years ago... spent 7 grand on a new system. warranty ran out on all but the compressor last fall and now this. We got the top of the line Carrier unit, 18 seer, variable speed air handler, the works in hopes of avoiding this crap. Variable speed air handler motor turns out to be the Achilles heel now.

Oh well, life goes on I suppose.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

unreal.....

Holy Crap is right FiremanBill. That really sucks. Just get here as fast as you can and we'll have a "cold one" waiting for you to help ease the pain and start the weekend off right. Gus & Deb, looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Bunch of rigs came in today including our "Fearless Leaders" Now we are waiting for our "Former Fearless Leaders" to get here!!:D:D

VAbow

Looks like we are leaving in the morning around 9:30. I have to call the CG and see if I can check in early. Will see y'all up there.

FiremanBill, sorry to hear about the AC.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Holy Crap is right FiremanBill. That really sucks. Just get here as fast as you can and we'll have a "cold one" waiting for you to help ease the pain and start the weekend off right. Gus & Deb, looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Bunch of rigs came in today including our "Fearless Leaders" Now we are waiting for our "Former Fearless Leaders" to get here!!:D:D

Late morning meeting got cancelled (yahoo!:)) Should be on the road NLT 11:00am. Did someone say "cold one" waiting?

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Y'all get your buts here to the rally, we need reinforcements to combat the mosquitoes!! :eek: Sorry to hear of the A/C issue firemanbill, those 'surprises' never come at a convenient time. We will try to get you some fun this weekend so you can forget your problems.:)

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Wish we could be there with ya'll but will be there in spirit. Nathan flies out Friday am for another trip to Russia. Ya'll have fun.

vakthund

Just pulled in and got set up. Where are all those cold ones our fellow campers were talking about. Place is deserted - and it's only 1:30 AM. Must be a school night.

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.

Flying Dutchman

Just pulled in and got set up. Where are all those cold ones our fellow campers were talking about. Place is deserted - and it's only 1:30 AM. Must be a school night.

---
WELCOME 'vakthund'!!!!! I would never have guessed a Cyclone could sneak in, you were obviously operating in a stealth mode. Glad you made it safely, and you should find all your fellow Heartlander's grateful for allowing us our needed sleep. I am sure you will find a cold one today.
Well it is 5:00 AM right now and for a brief moment I considered knocking on your door to give you an official welcome, but sensibility was imposed by DW:angel:, so that is why you are still sleeping. Will see you soon.:cool:

Flying Dutchman

Well the Virginia rally is in full swing with a few remaining rigs expected to arrive today. The weather has been great with blue skies and abundant sunshine, and the temperature leaping into the low 90's. Last night a large group tested their stomach capacities by feasting on seafood and other delicacies at Ray's Shanty Restaurant. The food was excellent, and the company was even better. It is really nice meeting old friends again and making new friends. We have 5 first time rally Heartlander's with us, our 'family' continues to grow!:cool: A big welcome to all.

TXTiger

Sounds like a lot of fun. It was nice meeting you in Gettysburg. Wish I was there to enjoy the seafood. I am slowly heading to Goshen staying in Cleveland OH for a few days.

FiremanBill

---

I heard you pull in next to us last night. I was going to come out and give you a hand but then I rolled over and went back to sleep! We went over to Chincoteague this morning and haven't managed to bump in to you yet, (been to busy running around having fun!) even though our Cyclones are literally 3 feet from each other!

vakthund

haven't managed to bump in to you yet, (been to busy running around having fun!) even though our Cyclones are literally 3 feet from each other!
Was looking for you earlier today but I somehow woke up a little late.
Come on over, finishing the ribs for the meet and greet.

---

Flying Dutchman

Sounds like a lot of fun. It was nice meeting you in Gettysburg. Wish I was there to enjoy the seafood. I am slowly heading to Goshen staying in Cleveland OH for a few days.

Great meeting you Tony, sorry we will miss you in Temperanceville but we will catch up to you in Goshen. Safe travels.

Flying Dutchman

Another warm sunny day in Virginia. The rally is in full swing, and a very interactive Meet 'n Greet was had by all. An abundance of good food and friendships.IMG_0050.jpgIMG_0042.jpgIMG_0065.jpgIMG_0071.jpgIMG_0079.jpg

davebennington

It looks like everyone is having a great time, sorry we missed this one. Good news we just got our truck back from the dealer and it runs just fine, we will be leaving Monday headed for Goshen, see you there.

dave

Status
Not open for further replies.