Floor in Bighorn 3580 not level?

bigbird272

I am not sure if this is normal or not? I have a new 2009 Bighorn 3580. From the entry door to the built in island is level. Then if begins to slope down towards the kitchen slide. This maybe on purpose in order to allow for the kitchen/ entertainment slide to come in easier but I don't know. Does anyone else who has a 3580 have this in their floor?

Rick

Bobby A

I use to think mine dipped also, but after closer observation I notice that I was low on the off door side, so I just put a couple boards under the tires and raised it up on that side. Are you on a perfectly level serface ?? maybe your just low on the off door side like I was. I have seen these floors installed twice at the factory, I don't think there is any attentional slope. Just a thought.

Bobby A

bigbird272

The trailer sits perfectly level on the lot. I have confirmed that by using a level. The floor is definitely not level.

Rick

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
bighird272, how did you confirm that your rig is level? I normally put a four foot level on the floor.
Just wondering.

Peace
Dave

I have a 2010 3580 and have the same situation. When I place the level on the center island it's off a full bubble. When placed on floor behind island it is also off a full bubble. In other words the island and the floor slope to the entertainment kitchen slide. When level is placed on kitchen counter it also reads the same a full bubble off. What I find puzzling is the island is built on the floor and therefore should be straight even if the floor begins to slope since the island must be built prior to install. Hope this helps.

Mike

bigbird272

Thanks High Roller,

I have asked the factory in the Ask The Factory forum but of course no answer as yet. I have leveled my unit on the lot. Used a level outside. As I stated earlier the floor is level at the entrance door and the island itself is level, then it slopes down a full bubble towards the entertainment slide. If you have the same thing I am wondering if it is something intentional. Anyway, I can live with it. Nice to know I am not the only one. I just find it kind of odd.

Rick

bigbird272

Hi Dave,

I used a level just inside the entry door. The trailer is level from the front to the back and side to side about a foot inside the entry door. The floor is level until just after the kitchen island. Then it slopes down towards the kitchen/entertainment slide. It is not super noticeable. The rollers are on the floor and the slide on top. I am wondering if the weight of the slide is warping the floor or putting pressure on the edge. I just do not know. I am not super concerned about it but did get a response from the factory. Someone is supposed to be contacting me to discuss it. We will see.

Rick

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Definitely worth having it looked at. What I thought was just an annoying squeak in our bedroom floor required ripping up most of the bedroom to replace a floor board and do some welding. Fortunately, it was still under warranty.