Fuel $

rick_debbie_gallant

Okay help me understand, once again how is it that the price of gas was 4.11 or there abouts and the price of crude was 150. A barrel, or there abouts in 2008. And today the price of a gallon of gas is approaching 4.00 per gallon and the price is about 100.00 per barrel.

Oh what the heck, it is only money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

hillsonwheels

Bottom line is that speculators can do what they want when they need some extra bucks.

Prices around Lady Lake, FL run from $4.06 (Murphy's) to $4.29 on the turnpike. Average is about $4.11. Aren't we blessed????????????

hillsonwheels

Sky's the limit folks! Just be comfortable with the idea that our trucks run better on the high priced diesel. :confused: Or, so I keep trying to convince my feeble mimded self! :rolleyes::mad::rolleyes::mad: After all, higher priced bourbon tastes better! :cool:

navyAZ1

$4.05 here in Jefferson, GA. I wasn't going to get a programmer for our 2011 Chevy but with the fuel cost continuing to go up I decided I go shopping. Found a great deal, I have a HyperTech programmer that I used on our 2007 Duramax but it would only work on 2006 to 2008 models. I got the idea to contact HyperTech and ask them if this older programmer could be upgraded to work on our 2011 Duramax, well they said "Nope". However, they did say they would take it in on trade for a new programmer that would work on the 2011. Here's the good deal, I paid $450 for the old programer in 2007 and HyperTech said they would take it back plus $200 for the newer programmer. I figure I couldn't beat that, not really wanting more power this truck has all the power I'll ever need, I'm just wanting to increase my mpg. One draw back is the guy with HyperTech stated that I most likely won't get as much of an mpg increase with this newer truck like I got on the 2007 due to the emissions "locks" whatever that is. But every little bit will help.

See Ya,
Ron

mmomega

AnyTimer
It's been at $3.99 around here for the last 2 weeks.

I also thought about buying a programmer + exhaust to gain mpg and save some cash but @ $1,000 for both parts, gaining maybe 2mpg, saving approx $14 per fill-up(30gal) it would take me approx. 71 fill-ups(or around 36k miles) for the programmer/exhaust to pay itself off, on top of that potentially losing the warranty on the truck.
So until I hit 100k and the warranty is gone, this truck will be stock.

BruteForce

I also thought about buying a programmer + exhaust to gain mpg and save some cash but @ $1,000 for both parts, gaining maybe 2mpg,

I went the tuner/exhaust route, but like you stated, I only gained like +2mpg. My best daily/street driving is like 14mpg!

Dave49

I hope you get some increase as my programmer really doesn't get me any better mileage at all, but it gives me a lot more power. For some reason I just can't grasp the idea of more horsepower with less fuel? To me that don't make sense but I hope I'm wrong. Good luck!!

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Diesel $3.49 gallon at Quick Trip in McKinney, Texas. I hope this is a TREND that will last for awhile!

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Drove from Rockport, TX to Wilmington, OH Saturday to Wednesday. Filled up in Corpus Christi for $3.41/gallon. Kept rising as I kept going north. Almost everywhere along I-71 in Ohio its $4.05/gallon. Wow.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Diesel $3.49 gallon at Quick Trip in McKinney, Texas. I hope this is a TREND that will last for awhile!

According to Gas Buddy, it's about $3.39 here in Terrell, but even cheaper just 20-30 miles east and south. We're watching them go down... when they eventually start creeping back up we'll fill our 115 gal. before they get too high... for the trip to Elkhart.

TXTiger

Left San Diego CA last Monday. Taking I-40 to the east. Just got to Nashville. Avg. diesel price has bee around $3.79 most of the way.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Wisconsin Rapids, WI. $3.87 to $3.94 yesterday. FYI. Gas Buddy has a great app for Android and probably I-phone.