Fuel $

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I bought some fuel at Murphy (Wal Mart) a few days ago because we were leaving the valley area of Texas. I filled both tanks on my truck at $3.71 a gallon- before the latest rise in prices began. When we got to Kerrville today, the truck stop prices were over $4.00 per gallon. I guess fuel is an investment too. I bought 70 some gallons for 30 cents a gallon cheaper, so I came out ahead, but it hurt to spend all that money!

rgwilliams69

This past weekend we transited from Illinois to Florida and saw the cheapest prices in Tennessee at $3.89. Mostly along the route we saw $4.00 plus with the highest in the Florida panhandle at $4.38. Now in Tampa and the price here is $3.99. I have a 65 gallon fuel tank so we do not have to stop often for fuel, gives us some flexibility to look for a better price. Every dollar counts...

DonnyB007

I read an article the other day that gave a good slant on perception of increasing fuel costs for RVers. We just camp over for a couple more days rather than be in the road and that makes up for the increased fuel costs! Well, it makes one feel a bit better and less nauseated at these high fuel costs anyway. :)

lwmcguir

Energy cost across the board are going to go up faster than the inflation rate. That is the plan and the best way to minimize it is as some of the posters noted. Travel less and stay longer. Any place you can conserve energy will be helpful down the road as well. In the stick and brick we are changing all the lamps to LED, new heat pump, triple panes, and so on. With thousands of megawatts of energy switching from coal to nat gas the price is going to take off. So will propane. Plan ahead as you can to lessen the impact.

FiremanBill

Travel less and stay longer is great for full timers... Not so much for us who have to be back to work on Monday's! ugh. Then again this is a toy and a luxury for me, so I try not to complain too much as I don't HAVE to do it. We pay for our pleasures.

I do gripe about the cost of diesel when I fill up our TDI Jetta though. I have a right to complain then! LOL

tmcran

Have noticed serval hotel chains lower rates as fuel prices increase. We are not full timers so when we have only a week are so we look for redused hotel rates. We can get to and from a lot quicker.

khalsey

Spring must not be far away here in Norhern Illinois. Today diesel price went up to $4.37 and gas to $4.06.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
The average in East Tennessee is $3.99. Hello $4 bucks per gallon again!

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Average cost for diesel is $4.19 here in Olympia. The cheapest is $4.09. Gonna be an expensive summer!

Sandpirate69

S. Florida $4.25 for diesel. I guess $5.00 will be the number for this summer. I hope this trend changes. I purchased 250 gls of diesel last week at $3.78. a gl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

wolfrat1

In Michigan prices range from 4.08 to 4.45 per gallon. By the time summer gets here, we'll all have jobs along our travel routes just to pay for gas.