Fuel $

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hey Steve
We saw Diesel at $4.34 per gallon at Chevron ,Smith road and the Guide Meridian today.Bill

If I am not mistaking, this station advertises their "cash" price so if you use a credit/debit card the price is higher. Still worth a look!

Thanks!

hcriddle

Just bought $200 of diesel at 4.399 at a Shell station on Dempster Avenue in Niles, IL this afternoon. Price continues to move up in Chicago. I think when this thread started a few days ago, I was tracking just under $4 per gallon around here.

Jim, I paid $3.819 out here west of you in Algonquin yesterday. Hope you and Nancy are well. I have had you in my prayers.

Buddy

57chevyconvt

For the MOMENT, diesel at Murphy Oil station is $3.799 here in Victoria, TX. Tomorrow will probably be another story. We continue to work on our plans to go to Alaska this summer, but if diesel prices go above $5.00/gal., we might have to reconsider. We keep telling ourselves that this a once in a lifetime trip, therefore keep going full steam ahead with the plans, at least for the time being. I figure the fuel cost for this trip will be about $6000.00. I sure hope that campground fees and food don't track the fuel cost or we will be in big trouble. If so, we might have to put in motion an activity we observed in December while in Ft. Lauderdale, i.e., stand in front of Walgreen's and Publix and ask for bus ticket money to get back home.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Not to put salt on the wounds but...today I passed several stations at $4.70. I really didn't think the price was going to rise so quickly! At this rate...$5.00 by the end of the month! Hopefully the weather will warm and dry a bit so I can "commute with the skoot!"

ncc1701e

Diesel is $3.99 here in western KY. Been at this price for a little over a week now. A horse, carriage and a bucket of oats may be the future of rving (lol).

ncc1701e

For the MOMENT, diesel at Murphy Oil station is $3.799 here in Victoria, TX. Tomorrow will probably be another story. We continue to work on our plans to go to Alaska this summer, but if diesel prices go above $5.00/gal., we might have to reconsider. We keep telling ourselves that this a once in a lifetime trip, therefore keep going full steam ahead with the plans, at least for the time being. I figure the fuel cost for this trip will be about $6000.00. I sure hope that campground fees and food don't track the fuel cost or we will be in big trouble. If so, we might have to put in motion an activity we observed in December while in Ft. Lauderdale, i.e., stand in front of Walgreen's and Publix and ask for bus ticket money to get back home.

What a wonderful trip that will be. I really look forward to reading about your accounts on here and I hope you post details of your planning. We have talked about Alaska, but are a long ways from such a trip. Have a great time.

Tom & Millie

davebennington

If I were you I would go for it. You will not be disappointed Alaska is a special place. We went last year and it was a blast, we have considered going again this year but two years in a row is a bit much. Have a good time

Dave

hoefler

Not to put salt on the wounds but...today I passed several stations at $4.70. I really didn't think the price was going to rise so quickly! At this rate...$5.00 by the end of the month! Hopefully the weather will warm and dry a bit so I can "commute with the skoot!"

Paid $3.75 yesterday at a Murphy USA, Aurora Missouri. With my Discover card, I get 5%, 18 cents off, off of fuel purchases until the end of the month.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
3.89 so far and steady for the last week or so here in Montgomery, AL. Hope it hold on at that price a few more days as I need to fill up soon.

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Diesel Fuel in Homestead,Florida is $4.09 at Sunoco and someplaces it $4.17. If any of you are good sam members apply for the flyingj/pilot credit card and get 5 cents off when you fuel up there.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It's at $3.899 around here at most Speedway's. I got a $20 Shell gas card as a rebate from Staple's, so I finally pulled in to the local station to use it. Got less than 5 gallons diesel at $4.099. Any wonder why I avoid Shell?

rjr6150

Filled up the truck today both the Transfer flow and main tank $3.99 for 50/50 blend. Lets just say there goes $200 (ouch)

pegmikef

Ft. Lauderdal, Fl. $4.09 gl. Going to start digging for Dino Oil in my back yard. :mad:

Good luck with that. You will spend more on trying to get all the permits than you'll ever save . . . and then you won't get the permits anyway because there might actually be oil there so of course you can't dig there.