What did you do to your camper today?

avvidclif

Don't forget that the charging circuit also needs a good ground. A marginal ground can cause the voltage drop also.

MagnoliaTom

Added a landing pad for the Trav'ler antenna. The wheel was leaving a depression on the roof membrane.
Permanent LED on the pin box for my mini flag.
Permanently mounted my solar LED on the Welcome sign
Ran a 12 gauge wire from the junction box directly to the batteries. Still can't get enough current from the trucks charge circuit to the trailer. 14.2 at the junction box which drops to 13 volts with a load.

Finished my "literally on a shelf" rear wheel light project.

WiFi Ranger (WFR) Elite on the roof, WFR Go2 router in the rig, added the new Verizon USB 6020 modem to the router and finished it with a cell antenna on the roof.

Prepping the trailer for 2 weeks of dog camp coming up Wednesday. No sewer, no water (easily accessible) and 50 amp service - shared with 10-12 other rigs :cool:

What, no pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimtoo

Well I have been seeing all the threads about loose wiring and the problems it causes, so today I decided to check mine. I disconnected power and removed the power cover panel inside. Wow,,, talk about surprised,,,,,the panel was absolutely perfect. I checked all the screws and connections. All connections were tight, everything looked like it was installed by someone who cared about their work and was proud of their work.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Jim M

Bones

Well I have been seeing all the threads about loose wiring and the problems it causes, so today I decided to check mine. I disconnected power and removed the power cover panel inside. Wow,,, talk about surprised,,,,,the panel was absolutely perfect. I checked all the screws and connections. All connections were tight, everything looked like it was installed by someone who cared about their work and was proud of their work.

Just thought I would pass this on.

Jim M
Thanks Jim. Nice to know all of our rigs aren't falling apart. Did you take a picture? You have to take a picture :cool:.

jimtoo

Well, I did some more work today. Been having a problem with the toilet holding water and then the water valve started leaking into the toilet. Naturally when the valve leaked water, the flush valve would hold the water.. but when the valve did not leak water into the toilet,, the flush valve would not hold water in the bowl.

So today I installed a new Dometic 310 toilet. Had to add a 90* L to hook up the water, but was pretty easy install.

Jim M

dlw930

Filled 2 40# propane tanks, topped off spare tire pressure, checked pressure in all tires, scheduled wheel bearing repack & replacement, if necessary, with RV tech, all in preparation for trip to Colorado and the CO HOC rally.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I heated my line up with the heat gun to bend it the little bit that I needed.
We are loving the Dometic 320 with spay nozzle. . Its better then what I have at home. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Filled 2 40# propane tanks, topped off spare tire pressure, checked pressure in all tires, scheduled wheel bearing repack & replacement, if necessary, with RV tech, all in preparation for trip to Colorado and the CO HOC rally.

We'll be seeing you there!

The Colorado HOC is a wild bunch . . .

whp4262

We'll be seeing you there!

The Colorado HOC is a wild bunch . . .

Ha ha John has the Colorado HOC always been a wild bunch or only since Colorado legalized marijuana?

Just curious.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Ha ha John has the Colorado HOC always been a wild bunch or only since Colorado legalized marijuana?

Just curious.

No . . . we were a wild bunch before that . . .

Now that the mean green is legal . . . everyone has mellowed a little! :eek:

And we wear sunglasses more often . . . :cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I don't recall John smoking anything...but he does like his "Magic" Brownies....

Magic . . . brownies . . . wwhhhaaaaaaaaat!

Last edited:

BLHFUN

Just finished packing all the bearings and rotating the tires. Hoping the next 7 days goes by quickly, ready for some cool mountain air!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Scrubbed the roof and the slide toppers. Took the truck in for a "check engine" light and ended up getting one of the glow plugs replaced. If you're in northern Michigan and need GMC service, I recommend Bishop GMC/Cadillac in Cheboygan. Been there more than once. Quick and no b.s.

windviewer

took new trailer to cat scale in preparation for inaugural shakedown trip. installed the led dimmer switch. all ready to go early am departure

Bones

Picked up the camper for the first time today with the new truck. I had a few things I could do. Tried out the auto level and ride overall. After that decided to finish my other kids steps for the bunk bed. She chose a blue stain. Not my first choice but she likes it.

IMG_20150905_080556.jpgIMG_20150905_165755.jpgIMG_20150905_185242.jpg
Here are the blue prints if you want to reproduce the ladder. I decided to keep the angles simple. I learned from making the other ladder. I used maple 1x4 wood.
IMG_20150904_135848.jpg

I'm trying to finish her ladder and my dog's bed before our trip soon. That way we don't have to lift her up into bed anymore.