Help!! Need info on the refer for a 3010 bighorn

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
At some friends house that bought a bighorn and are wondering about the fridge. Their purchase order is showing a 12.7 cubic ft fridge with expanded freezer IPO ice maker. Is this a 12 volt/LP or a 110 residential?

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
That size sounds like a standard Rv fridge. The residential I think is around 20 sq ft????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

branson4020

Icantre Member
12.7 CU FT would be an RV refer, not residential. I'll bet "expanded freezer" is just marketing-speak for "since we deleted the ice-maker, there's more room in the freezer."

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
12.7 CU FT would be an RV refer, not residential. I'll bet "expanded freezer" is just marketing-speak for "since we deleted the ice-maker, there's more room in the freezer."

Yep to the "marketing-speak". Our '14 3010 has the optional 12 cu ft, 4 door unit w/o ice maker. Holds all the 2 of us need and then some (BTW-we cook in more than we eat out). It has 3 power modes-110v on shore power, 12v/propane, or auto.

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks everyone. You helped put a couple of new owners minds a ease. They leave Thursday to pick up their new rig and have been concerned about this. They dry camp quite a bit and the salesman kept telling them the refer worked off the inverter only. Didn't make sense to me and I knew you guys could clear it up for us and now they know where to look for answers when the next question pops up.