jbeletti's 2014 Landmark Savannah

Re: UPGRADE: Changed Keylock to Thumb-turn Latch on Power Cord Reel Door

Met Jim yesterday at Elkheart campground with his Savannah. Jim just arrived but gave us his time to talk with us about Heartland and the new Savannah. What a nice rig! Jim has already done his fair share of upgrades. Very nice! Ford has there Eddie Bauer edition and Heartland should have there Jim Beletti edition. We currently have a Montana now and WILL be upgrading to the Landmark San Antonio or Savannah in the next few months. Thanks Jim for your valued time with us and will try to hookup with you in Tampa at the RV show. Scott & Pati.

danemayer

Met Jim yesterday at Elkheart campground with his Savannah. Jim just arrived but gave us his time to talk with us about Heartland and the new Savannah. What a nice rig! Jim has already done his fair share of upgrades. Very nice! Ford has there Eddie Bauer edition and Heartland should have there Jim Beletti edition. We currently have a Montana now and WILL be upgrading to the Landmark San Antonio or Savannah in the next few months. Thanks Jim for your valued time with us and will try to hookup with you in Tampa at the RV show. Scott & Pati.

Hi Scott-Pati,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hope to see you at the Heartland North American Rally in Virginia next June.

jbeletti

Hi Scott and Pati - Nice meeting you this week. I LOVE to talk about Heartland products - thanks for letting me bend your ear and we look forward to the day that you join the Heartland family! See you in Tampa.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maybe a "Jim Beletti Package" could be ordered from the factory? I like that idea!

Wifi-booster, switches in logical places, satellite/dvr/etc ready, storage tray installed, etc. etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

danemayer

Re: Interior Pictures - 2014 Landmark Savannah

Hmm, maybe we need a "Beletti Special" plaque that could attach near the door.

jbeletti

Funny you guys :)

Actually - the things I do to my RV are not desired by all, so some would go unappreciated/unused by some buyers. But I like to tinker and of course, we all like to "make our RV - "ours"! :) I'll continue to share the little mods/tweaks I am doing. Just did a few more but have had no time to take pics and do write-ups. Been too busy at shows, rallies and driving to/from them all. Having a great time though!

MrRvGypsy

Jim Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
I hope to meet you at the Niagara Rally in 2014. I love too tinker and modify my RV's. I would love to see your mod's and get some more inspiration. I am already planning lots of mod's for our soon to be Savannah.
Can you please detail the brass check valve mod for the hot water heater that I have seen mentioned.
Spoke to our dealer yesterday and he has not gotten our official build sheet and serial number yet from the factory from our Dec 6th order. Being it was so close to the Christmas shutdown and all the orders from the Louisville show I am not surprised we have not gotten the build sheet from the factory

jbeletti

Jim Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
I hope to meet you at the Niagara Rally in 2014. I love too tinker and modify my RV's. I would love to see your mod's and get some more inspiration. I am already planning lots of mod's for our soon to be Savannah.
Can you please detail the brass check valve mod for the hot water heater that I have seen mentioned.
Spoke to our dealer yesterday and he has not gotten our official build sheet and serial number yet from the factory from our Dec 6th order. Being it was so close to the Christmas shutdown and all the orders from the Louisville show I am not surprised we have not gotten the build sheet from the factory

I will see you at the Niagara Rally! Will You be coming stateside for the North American rally the week before, in Bethpage, VA?

I "believe" but am not certain, that brass check valves are once again being used on the water heater output. Mine looks to be that way and I did not ask for anything special.

jbeletti

Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector added to Jim B's 2014 Landmark Savannah

This week, I installed the Nest Protect Smoke and CO detector in the RV. This has been on my list for a while and finally got it ordered and done. This is one of many tech items now installed in the coach. I installed the Protect in place of the OEM smoke detector.

Nest Protect - 2014 Landmark Savannah 1.jpg Nest Protect - 2014 Landmark Savannah 2.jpg Nest Protect - 2014 Landmark Savannah - App 1.jpg Nest Protect - 2014 Landmark Savannah - App 2.jpg

jbeletti

Added Tinted Acrylic Glass as Storms to Screen Door

Today, Kevin W, then later Terry H, then later Lou D all stopped by to lend a hand on a small RV repair (fender replacement) and an RV modification.

The RV modification was the creation of a partially removable storm on the RV entrance screen door.

In the past, I’ve used plexiglass and lexan. This time, I found tinted acrylic sheets at Home Depot, so those were used. I made all the measurements, Kevin and Terry rechecked them, Kevin did the layout and I did most of the cutting.

I have to say that while I like the tinted look, I did not care for working with acrylic. It’s almost as sharp as glass and nearly as fragile. That said, I LOVE the look of the tinted acrylic and I am sure we’ll start benefitting from it this week.

We made the top section fixed. Even removed the screen so the glass can be cleaned on both sides as needed. We made the bottom section removable so we can let air come in when desired and easily pop in the panel when we want to keep our heated or cooled interior air, inside with us :) Thank you friends for helping with the repair and mod – you’re the best!
Storm Door - Inside.jpg Storm Door - Outside.jpg

happykraut

Looks good Jim. I have the plexi glass on my BH. How did you handle the center section with the slider in it or are you just leaving it stock?

jbeletti

Added Tinted Acrylic Glass as Storms to Screen Door

Looks good Jim. I have the plexi glass on my BH. How did you handle the center section with the slider in it or are you just leaving it stock?

Bernie - on the fixed portion of the center section, we used the tinted. Took part of the door apart to slide the piece in. Really easy. The slider - no change there, that's why it looks so bright (as in not-tinted) in the picture.

jbeletti

Reinforced Cabinet above Commode in order to mount Towel Bar

Only the "after" pics but here's what I did...

In all my coaches, above the commode, there's always been a cabinet. I've always installed a towel bar to the bottom of the cabinet. Did the same in this 2014 Landmark Savannah back in August 2013 when I picked it up. Recently, the towel bar came loose.

The bottoms of these cabinets, like many RV upper-cabinets have a false or double-bottom. That's to say, there's a floor in the cabinet of 1/8" luan then an air space and another layer of 1/8" luan on the exposed bottom of the cabinet. Between the layers of luan is a 1/2" piece of pine. This pine structure runs around the perimeter of the cabinet bottom. Depending on the size of the cabinet, there may be additional pine structure going across the cabinet bottom. Not so in this commode room cabinet.

As such, the screws I used to mount the towel bar went into the 1st layer of luan only - nothing else. So here's the repair me and a pal (Kevin W and able assistants Terry H and Ed P) did this past weekend at the RV.net Sweetheart Rally)...

1. Removed bottom luan using a thin metal putty knife and brute force to pull it off once the putty knife allowed us to pry the luan down a bit
  2. Used pliers to pry-out/remove all the staples that held the luan in place
  3. Measured and cut 3 pieces of 1/2" pine to use as cross-members to add some structure between the layers of luan
  4. Wetted the pieces and dabbed Gorilla Glue on each end and on the length of one face, then pressed each, one at a time, into place under the cabinet (from front to back)
  5. Used a brad-nailer to secure the 3 structural pieces in place
  6. Dabbed with a wet paper towel, excess Gorilla Glue
  7. Replaced luan and used crown-stapler to secure luan in place
  8. One of the structural pieces was added to the center of the cabinet bottom. The other two pieces were further outward in the exact place needed to provide a place where towel bar hardware would be. We pre-drilled 2 holes through the luan and into each of the outer structural pieces for the the towel bar hardware, reinstalled the brackets and towel bar
  9. Later, when I find it, I'll use a putty stick and rub over the crown-staple holes
Writing this up in 9 steps makes it sound overly complicated. It's really not. If you have the tools, this is a 30 minute job for 1 person. Or a 15 minute job for 2.

Towel Bar 1.jpg Towel Bar 2.jpg

rjr6150

Re: Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector added to Jim B's 2014 Landmark Savannah

This week, I installed the Nest Protect Smoke and CO detector in the RV. This has been on my list for a while and finally got it ordered and done. This is one of many tech items now installed in the coach. I installed the Protect in place of the OEM smoke detector.

View attachment 27881 View attachment 27882 View attachment 27883 View attachment 27884

Hey Jim just came across an article in May issue of Consumer Reports. They don't recommend the Nest Detector due to them not having ionization technology which is necessary to detect fast flaming fires of which my thoughts in a coach would be a distinct possibly

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Re: Nest Protect Smoke and CO Detector added to Jim B's 2014 Landmark Savannah

Hey Jin just came across an article in May issue of Consumer Reports. They don't recommend the Nest Detector due to them not having ionization technology which is necessary to detect fast flaming fires of which my thoughts in a coach would be a distinct possibly

The real advantage of the Nest is the communication link. I would still consider it, but use a standard smoke for the ionization capabilities.