jbeletti's 2014 Landmark Savannah

jbeletti

Re: Interior Pictures - 2014 Landmark Savannah

I was wondering if you had gone to a Genie system. Were you able to make a deal with Directv? My contract is up this month and hope to do the same. Would put Genie and clients in RV and leave DVRs in the house. Let me know what you think of the Genie and clients. Did you return the HR24's?

I was able to make a deal with them. I mentioned I was considering Dish Network's Hopper system. I got transferred to the Retention Dept. Based on my pay history and service time with Direct TV, they offered me $250 off the $299 Genie. They would not discount the mini-clients ($99 ea). I balked and then they offered me $20 off my bill per month for 12 months. I took the deal. It added 6 or 8 months to my contract to punch it back out to 24 months. I'm fine with that.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Jim, are you able to get distant networks or will you be calling to change locations as you travel?
We recently converted our old DVR to the newest version of the Genie with one client in the bedroom. When we went to the WI Rally, I moved the DVR & Client and all of the connection components to the RV for the big test. Everything worked as I hoped it would. After getting home I found all the stuff I needed on e-bay to make the move easier. The power inserter, 2 power supplys and a splitter came to about $25. The DTV installer gave me the extra LNB for the tri-pod dish. We are good to go!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Re: UPGRADE: RV Lock (on RV entrance door)

I upgraded the standard entrance door lock on my 2014 Landmark Savannah to the RV Lock from Lippert.

RV Lock by Lippert's Mobile Outfitters is a Keyless Integrated Locking System. It's a direct replacement lock for many entrance doors. The RV Lock can be operated with keys (2 included), Handheld Fobs (1 included) and a Wireless Keypad (included).

It took 30 minutes to complete the installation. Basically, you remove the old lock, replace it with RV Lock, program your FOBs and Keypad and that's it.

In my testing, I got about 25 feet of range with the FOBs with the included batteries. So far, we like it. It's nice to have the convenience of 3 ways to lock or unlock the door (note: the deadbolt is the lock that is motorized and can be controlled by the FOBs and Keypad).

RV Lock is sold by RV dealers and RV supply stores. Find more info here: The Mobile Outfitters

View attachment 26358 View attachment 26359 View attachment 26360

Jim, will this retro-fit to earlier model trailers (e.g., 2011)?

Theresau

Re: Interior Pictures - 2014 Landmark Savannah

Since our contract is up I was able to get a GREAT Directv deal (we've been with them since 2000). Getting Genie and 2 clients free with $49 install fee plus $15 credit for next 15 months. I was already getting $25 in credits and these will continue. Plus I will get the movie channels and football next two months for free. (This customer service is the reason I stay with Directv.) This is pretty much equivalent to what they are offering new customers. Required I renew the 2 year contract and I will turn in my HR22 plus 2 older receivers and continue with the 2 HR24's. They will install the Genie and clients in the house but I'll move them into the coach afterward and put back the HR24's in the house. Looking forward to "playing" with the Genie technology.

Theresa

I was able to make a deal with them. I mentioned I was considering Dish Network's Hopper system. I got transferred to the Retention Dept. Based on my pay history and service time with Direct TV, they offered me $250 off the $299 Genie. They would not discount the mini-clients ($99 ea). I balked and then they offered me $20 off my bill per month for 12 months. I took the deal. It added 6 or 8 months to my contract to punch it back out to 24 months. I'm fine with that.

jbeletti

UPGRADE: Changed porch light to Start Lights Smart Light 1000 Motion Sensor Light

This week, I installed a Star Lights Smart Light 1000 Motion Sensor Light on the 2014 Landmark Savannah. Installation is pretty straightforward. Remove old light, wire in new light, screw it to the coach. I used butyl tape caulk on the back of the light to seal it against the coach, leaving a small gap at the center-bottom for drainage.

I ordered it from Amazon.com. It came with a Revolution 200 LED bulb. I changed that out to a Revolution 400 LED bulb I already had on hand.

Motion Light - Installed 1.jpg Motion Light - Installed 2.jpg Original Porch Light.jpg Motion Light - Parts.jpg

jbeletti

MODIFICATION: Changed Fan-Tastic Vent White Covers to Black Ultra Breeze Covers

When my coach was built, I asked for the Fan-Tastic brand Ultra Breeze Vent Covers to be put on my 2 Fan-Tastic vent fans. When I picked up the coach, I noticed that on full-body paint Landmarks, we're apparently using black AC covers. I wanted my Fan-Tastic vent fan covers to match the AC covers, so this week I changed them out to black.

I received mine from Atwood (owner of Fan-Tastic). You can order these from RV dealers or get them from Amazon.com. Whether you want to change colors or add covers for the first time, these covers allow your Fan-Tastic vent fans to be "fully" open and do not reduce air-flow.

Fan-Tastic Ultra Breeze Vent Covers - White.jpg Fan-Tastic Ultra Breeze Vent Covers - Black.jpg

jbeletti

UPGRADE: Changed Keylock to Thumb-turn Latch on Power Cord Reel Door

Heartland's source for the doors that cover the Power Cord Reel opening, supplies these doors with a lock and cam that use the 751 key. While some may appreciate this for the security of it from a theft perspective, I prefer the convenience of a non-locking latch.

I first saw this on Terry Herberger's coach a few years back and did the same on my last demo coach. This week, I swapped out the lock and cam with a Thumb-turn Latch and Off-Set Cam by RV Designer, part L445. I got mine from Camping World but I have also found them on Amazon.com.

The upgrade was very simple. Remove old lock, install new lock (use the off-set cam). A 5 minute job and SO MUCH more convenient.

Thumb-Latch Completed.jpg Thumb-Latch - Part Number 1.jpg Thumb-Latch - Part Number 2.jpg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Re: UPGRADE: Changed Keylock to Thumb-turn Latch on Power Cord Reel Door

Jim...always thought the A/C covers were black on fullbody paint...strangely, our 2013 has white covers...:confused:

Theresau

Re: UPGRADE: Changed porch light to Start Lights Smart Light 1000 Motion Sensor Light

We added this as well and now looking into the RV Lock - really like that esp. since this coach is taller and it's more difficult for me to open with a key.

Theresa

This week, I installed a Star Lights Smart Light 1000 Motion Sensor Light on the 2014 Landmark Savannah. Installation is pretty straightforward. Remove old light, wire in new light, screw it to the coach. I used butyl tape caulk on the back of the light to seal it against the coach, leaving a small gap at the center-bottom for drainage.

I ordered it from Amazon.com. It came with a Revolution 200 LED bulb. I changed that out to a Revolution 400 LED bulb I already had on hand.

View attachment 26380 View attachment 26381 View attachment 26382 View attachment 26383

Theresau

CW has the black covers for sale online for the Dometic Brisk Air AC. Our 2014 BC came with the black covers. (However, I would call HL about this - sounds like a mistake...)

Jim...always thought the A/C covers were black on fullbody paint...strangely, our 2013 has white covers...:confused:

wildwolfproducts

Been meaning to pick up a pair of the white ones for ours. Plus a Fantastic fan for the Bathroom.
Pete

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Jim...you made me do it...ordered the RV lock and smart light today....Ken doesn't know yet...;)

Theresau

I'm going to do the same on the RV Lock :) Except he'll have to install it so he'll need to know eventually.

The Smart Light is just way cool - we even keep it on when coach is plugged in in our driveway. It has worked well so far.

Jim...you made me do it...ordered the RV lock and smart light today....Ken doesn't know yet...;)

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just take note of your grab handle before installing the new RV Lock. It sticks out farther than the original and may interfere with the grab handle. A mod is a possible fix, but just so you know.

junu9aru.jpg

(Note the extensions added to the grab handle bases, so handle clears lock when folded.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Just take note of your grab handle before installing the new RV Lock. It sticks out farther than the original and may interfere with the grab handle. A mod is a possible fix, but just so you know.

junu9aru.jpg

(Note the extensions added to the grab handle bases, so handle clears lock when folded.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was a little fearful of this also when ordering mine. Please post the link or source for getting the extensions.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry guys, we made the extensions!

We used an 3/4" thick engineered wood siding product that cuts just like wood. Traced the shape on it and cut it out with a jigsaw. Sanded rough edges, drilled holes for the screws. Bought longer screws that go through the extensions.
Used butyl tape between the extensions and side if coach.

dy5ezy7u.jpg
6a5umevy.jpg

]
su8yzuha.jpg

porthole

Retired

jbeletti;326114 [ATTACH=CONFIG said:
26386[/ATTACH]

ebay - got a pack of 5 for $24 delivered. I needed 5, but smaller quantities are available.