jbeletti's 2014 Landmark Savannah

porthole

Retired
So - is this a "San Largo" that you were hoping for?

What does that closet look like in the kitchen area? Pantry - loaded with shelves? Best I can tell it replaces all that storage that is currently in the Largo - Antonio plan.

Still not a fan of the split baths, but if I was to go that route, I think the bedroom sink would have to be cabinets "in place of" for me.

Theresau

I do like the openness of the bathroom considering there are doors to block it off when the shower is in use. I assume that there is a wall next to the shower and that you can't see the shower from the bed - that is one of the reasons I never liked split bath - shower was open to the bedroom. And I can see how Nancy would use the sink :) (I've converted some of the linen closet in the bedroom to a vanity - added an electric mirror and compartments for makeup, etc...). But somehow it would bother me to see that sink I think......maybe not. Great idea regarding adding sink in toilet area. No matter it's a great layout - living area is similar to ours and we really like it. Big bedroom closet looks great and area for W/D too!!!! How long is it? It looks at least 3' longer than ours considering the pantry and the cabinet next to the bed.

I once had a Landmark SanAntonio. It had a similar bathroom arrangement. I used the sink in the commode room and Nancy had sole custody of the sink in the bedroom. She really liked all the roominess of it and having it to herself.

The sink in the commode room is very small. Intended for washing hands. But I was able to shave with it just fine too.

When I reviewed this floor plan many months ago, it did not have the sink in the commode room. I suggested we try to fit one in there. Not saying it was all me - but we have one.

This arrangement works very well for us. While most people prefer the all-in-one bathrooms, we find them smallish. For us anyway.

jbeletti

So - is this a "San Largo" that you were hoping for?

What does that closet look like in the kitchen area? Pantry - loaded with shelves? Best I can tell it replaces all that storage that is currently in the Largo - Antonio plan.

Still not a fan of the split baths, but if I was to go that route, I think the bedroom sink would have to be cabinets "in place of" for me.

More like SanLarCanyon. San as in a San Antonio-like upper deck (bathroom, bedroom). Lar as in a Key Largo-like lower deck (kitchen living room). And Canyon as in a Grand Canyon-like floor-to-ceiling cabinet on the ODS of the kitchen and a large dresser on 1 side of the bed - although smaller.

But yeah, I think I'll like it!

Yes, the pantry has full-width shelves with adjustable tracks. There is a full-size hinged door for the panty - much like is used in some Big Country floor plans.

jbeletti

I do like the openness of the bathroom considering there are doors to block it off when the shower is in use. I assume that there is a wall next to the shower and that you can't see the shower from the bed - that is one of the reasons I never liked split bath - shower was open to the bedroom. And I can see how Nancy would use the sink :) (I've converted some of the linen closet in the bedroom to a vanity - added an electric mirror and compartments for makeup, etc...). But somehow it would bother me to see that sink I think......maybe not. Great idea regarding adding sink in toilet area. No matter it's a great layout - living area is similar to ours and we really like it. Big bedroom closet looks great and area for W/D too!!!! How long is it? It looks at least 3' longer than ours considering the pantry and the cabinet next to the bed.

The Savannah is listed as 40 feet (king pin to rear cap).

porthole

Retired
More like SanLarCanyon. San as in a San Antonio-like upper deck (bathroom, bedroom). Lar as in a Key Largo-like lower deck (kitchen living room). And Canyon as in a Grand Canyon-like floor-to-ceiling cabinet on the ODS of the kitchen and a large dresser on 1 side of the bed - although smaller.

But yeah, I think I'll like it!

Yes, the pantry has full-width shelves with adjustable tracks. There is a full-size hinged door for the panty - much like is used in some Big Country floor plans.

A "Grand-Lar-San" !

jbeletti

Interior Pictures - 2014 Landmark Savannah

We held an open house/tour of the 2014 Landmark Savannah today at the Georgia Chapter Rally. Below are some interior pictures I took during the tours.

Living Room
Rear Cap - Sofa.jpg Door Side Slide - Dinette and Lane Electric Theater Recliners.jpg Door Side Slide - Dinette.jpg Door Side Slide - Lane Electric Theater Recliners.jpg Off Door Side Slide - Entertainment Cabinet.jpg

Kitchen
Kitchen-Living Room - View from 2nd Level.jpg Kitchen - Pantry with Shelving and Dyson Vac.jpg Kitchen - Floor-to-Ceiling Cabinet with Shelving and Pull-out Drawers.jpg Kitchen - Side-by-Side Residential Refer 1.jpg Kitchen - Side-by-Side Residential Refer 2.jpg Kitchen - Island, Floor-to-Ceiling Cabinet, Rangetop, Convection, Residential Refer and Pantry.jpg Kitchen - Convection-Microwave, Rangetop and Window.jpg Kitchen - Giving friends a tour.jpg

Hallway
Hallway - Laundry and Bathroom Doors.jpg Hallway - Laundry.jpg Hallway - Shower.jpg

Bathroom
Bathroom - Vanity Area.jpg Bathroom - Commode Area.jpg

Bedroom
Bedroom - Bed, Window, Shelf Under Window, Closet.jpg Bedroom - Closet, Linen Cabinet, Dresser, Window and TV.jpg Bedroom - Entry, Bed, Night Stand-Dresser and Window.jpg Bedroom - Vanity, Dresser, Window and TV.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Interior Pictures - 2014 Landmark Savannah

Nice!
Does the pantry door have a chance to hit the refrigerator door? It looks close.

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Nice!
Does the pantry door have a chance to hit the refrigerator door? It looks close.

Peace
Dave

Good eye Dave! Yes, the pantry door handle could hit the refer door - but, I solved it by installing a door stopper, the spring type that screws into the baseboard. I screwed it into the slide roller cover below the refer, close to the closet door. The factory has this part on order and will be doing something similar in all production Savannahs.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador

Looks nice Jim...know you like the sink in the bedroom...I like some things but not others. Glad we have the KL...floorplan is perfect for our wants. Not too sure I like the new flooring...in your pics I thought it was bare OSB...would have to see it in person. Congrats!

Garypowell

Very nice Jim. I can see you being very comfortable in this unit. I also like your models!

Kbvols

Looks great Jim...anticipating the exterior photos.....;)

Theresau

Thanks for the pics Jim.....

REALLY REALLY LIKE BEDROOM WITH SINK!!!! Great the way it is part of the dresser and cabinets - takes away bathroom look. Sink configuration in toilet room is very nice. Living area very nice as well - would like opportunity to make pantry perpendicular to passenger slide to be walk in closet for tall items, etc.

Have to tease you here Jim - you have the same cabinets as our BC - be sure to get some gorilla glue for those cabinet doors that open up (e.g. above sofa area) - we've had to repair 5 so far... :);)

Also, it appears that you still have the roll-over sofa bed with air mattress.

Theresa

We held an open house/tour of the 2014 Landmark Savannah today at the Georgia Chapter Rally. Below are some interior pictures I took during the tours.

Theresau

Studied it some more. Deficits I see are missing towel racks for shower (appear they've been put on toilet room door???), no linen closet in bath (REALLY like this in our BC) and no easy place to put a receiver in the bedroom. One of the cabinets should have been made clear for this. (Could put a Genie client behind the TV. Is that what you are using Jim?

jbeletti

Studied it some more. Deficits I see are missing towel racks for shower (appear they've been put on toilet room door???), no linen closet in bath (REALLY like this in our BC) and no easy place to put a receiver in the bedroom. One of the cabinets should have been made clear for this. (Could put a Genie client behind the TV. Is that what you are using Jim?

Theresa,

I removed the towel/robe hook from the inside of the commode room door and relocated next to the shower. This is where we hang a towel when showering. I added the towel bars in the commode room, one on the door and one under the wall cabinet.

To have a linen closet in the hallway near the shower or in the commode room would be to add length to the coach. At 40 feet, it's a nice sweet spot. There's a floor-to-ceiling linen closet in the bedroom. When we need a fresh towel, we just grab it from there :)

In the Landmark floor plans, there is a cabinet in the closet. This is where Heartland prewires for satellite. This is where my dish controller and satellite receiver are. By the way, just had my equipment swapped out today. I now have a Genie HD DVR in the living room, a mini-client in the bedroom closet and another mini-client behind the outdoor TV, inside the buffet table.

Theresau

I was wondering if you had gone to a Genie system. Were you able to make a deal with Directv? My contract is up this month and hope to do the same. Would put Genie and clients in RV and leave DVRs in the house. Let me know what you think of the Genie and clients. Did you return the HR24's?

Linen closet in bedroom would work since it's so close to the shower :). I keep forgetting how integrated they are but yet can be private with doors closed. Makes for a very nice, large dressing area as well.

Theresa,

I removed the towel/robe hook from the inside of the commode room door and relocated next to the shower. This is where we hang a towel when showering. I added the towel bars in the commode room, one on the door and one under the wall cabinet.

To have a linen closet in the hallway near the shower or in the commode room would be to add length to the coach. At 40 feet, it's a nice sweet spot. There's a floor-to-ceiling linen closet in the bedroom. When we need a fresh towel, we just grab it from there :)

In the Landmark floor plans, there is a cabinet in the closet. This is where Heartland prewires for satellite. This is where my dish controller and satellite receiver are. By the way, just had my equipment swapped out today. I now have a Genie HD DVR in the living room, a mini-client in the bedroom closet and another mini-client behind the outdoor TV, inside the buffet table.

porthole

Retired

Theresau

The Genie clients work with one of the 2 newest DVR receivers.

I move my house HR-34 to the RV, mounted behind the main TV.
I moved the house spare bedroom Genie client to the RV for the summer. It is hidden in the bedroom closet

The newest DirecTV remotes are both IR, infra-red and RF radio frequency.
RF means no line of sight required.

jbeletti

UPGRADE: RV Lock (on RV entrance door)

I upgraded the standard entrance door lock on my 2014 Landmark Savannah to the RV Lock from Lippert.

RV Lock by Lippert's Mobile Outfitters is a Keyless Integrated Locking System. It's a direct replacement lock for many entrance doors. The RV Lock can be operated with keys (2 included), Handheld Fobs (1 included) and a Wireless Keypad (included).

It took 30 minutes to complete the installation. Basically, you remove the old lock, replace it with RV Lock, program your FOBs and Keypad and that's it.

In my testing, I got about 25 feet of range with the FOBs with the included batteries. So far, we like it. It's nice to have the convenience of 3 ways to lock or unlock the door (note: the deadbolt is the lock that is motorized and can be controlled by the FOBs and Keypad).

RV Lock is sold by RV dealers and RV supply stores. Find more info here: The Mobile Outfitters

RV Lock - Completed Installation.jpg RV Lock - Inside.jpg RV Lock - Parts.jpg