Purchase local

Dumboldles

I wanted to give a shoutout to our local Heartland dealer in southern Utah, Desert Coach RV. I was having difficulty with automatic 50amp cord device and it totally stopped working. I was in front of my home winterizing my unit and not out in the far hinterlands so gave the dealership a call for advice. They (I know this will be hard to believe) sent a RV tech out to my place to check out the problem. I ended up following the tech into the dealership to have the problem resolved under warranty. I had some other minor issues and one large slide problem taken care of also.

I had another very minor issue that should have been taken care of while in at the dealership; when I called to let them know that they missed that fix the service manager acknowledge the miss and sent a tech out to my place to take care of the problem.

I understand the frustrations we RVers can have with our units and resolving the problems but wanted to give a positive to my local dealership and Heartland.

Dumboldles

bobw

Thanks for sharing this, it's good to know that there still reputable dealers to buy and have service at.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
We often hear of the bad things that dealers do, but rarely hear the good! That is a great story. My wife had a flat the other day and I pulled the tire off and threw it in the back of the truck to take it to our local Discount Tire to see if they could fix it. Not only did they fix it, they said that since I was a valued customer(I have bought a couple of sets of tires from them) there would be no charge. The more businesses that learn to treat customers like they matter will soon learn what a positive impact it will have on their bottom line. Thanks for sharing.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
All so true...people are more than "happy" to share the negative.
We had positive experiences with our dealer when the BH needed warranty work...and after the warranty expired we had excellent service/help from Heartland in Elkhart when we had "frame-flex" issues.