2016 - Las Vegas Rally - Discussion Thread

Rodbuster

Fran and I plan on attending the North American Rally in Vegas.
It's great to have this much notice to plan a trip like this.

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: NV, Las Vegas - 10/6/2016 to 10/9/2016

...Jim, is this going to be the last Road Rally like you indicated in Urbanna, or has that thought changed?...

Gary - thank you for the kind words. With regard to the On-The-Road National Rallies during the even numbered years, yes, 2016 is the last "planned" one. My plan is to continue with the rally on odd numbered years in Goshen, as we've done from the beginning. Then, rather than do an even numbered year national rally, place more emphasis on the Regional Rallies. And by more emphasis, I mean, a bigger budget, larger, longer and more fun Region Rallies. That's the preent plan anyway. We'll use 2016 to start easing into the new model by testing the waters with a couple of region rallies that are already in the planning stages. Then hope to have it dialed in for bigger Region Rallies in 2018.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
JB, count Pat and I in for the whole time. WOOHOO, I get to meet Dave and Mary (might be sorry) and I hope Kenny and Kat can make it.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Jim,
Being from the west, I for one, hate to see this as the last "traveling" National Rally. Goshen is just too far for most in the west.

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from the other Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time, unlike the response you are getting here from folks all over the country. Trace

Last edited:

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
LIKE and I second that!!

Rod

Being from the west, I for one, hate to see this as the last "traveling" National Rally. Goshen is just too far for most in the west.

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from other the Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time. Trace

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Jim,

IMHO, the attraction for National Rallies vs. Regional Rallies is meeting and seeing folks from the other Regions who you don't see very often.

In the past, people just haven't traveled to most other Regional Rallies. Hence, it's mostly the same people every time, unlike the response you are getting here from folks all over the country. Trace

I agree. Would hate to see the National Rallies away from Goshen on the even years disappear.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Jim,

I 2nd also what Trace has said. I will never travel to Goshen for a rally there.
Just WAY to far for traveling.

Last edited:

Thenomads

Re: EVENT: North American Heartland Rally: NV, Las Vegas - 10/6/2016 to 10/9/2016

Count on us being there for the Rally and pre-rally. We have been WAITING for a West Coast National. I hope there is enough sites for as many people that are interested. Looking forward to this! WooHoo!

MCTalley

One Las Vegas attraction that rarely gets attention, but is very fun and educational, is the Neon Museum. We stopped by Las Vegas earlier this year on our way east specifically to see it as we heard about it shortly after leaving Las Vegas the last time we were there. Definitely worth a visit whether it is part of your rally experience, or if you just happen to be in the area. They have an evening tour that is supposed to be pretty cool (they have a few refurbished signs while the rest are lit from floodlights that you can see in these pictures). We just went for a standard daytime tour.

IMG_6348-M.jpg

IMG_6326-M.jpg

IMG_6354-M.jpg

For you camera buffs with DSLR cameras, they request that you only bring one camera body and one lens (wide angle suggested - I was using a 24-105mm) and that pictures are for personal use only (displaying them in this fashion on a forum is considered personal use since I'm not trying to make money off them).

Gaffer

Don't forget the mob museum. We will be there for all of the previous rally, rally and post rally.

Last edited:

jbeletti

One Las Vegas attraction that rarely gets attention, but is very fun and educational, is the Neon Museum. We stopped by Las Vegas earlier this year on our way east specifically to see it as we heard about it shortly after leaving Las Vegas the last time we were there. Definitely worth a visit whether it is part of your rally experience, or if you just happen to be in the area. They have an evening tour that is supposed to be pretty cool (they have a few refurbished signs while the rest are lit from floodlights that you can see in these pictures). We just went for a standard daytime tour.

For you camera buffs with DSLR cameras, they request that you only bring one camera body and one lens (wide angle suggested - I was using a 24-105mm) and that pictures are for personal use only (displaying them in this fashion on a forum is considered personal use since I'm not trying to make money off them).

Awesome pics Malcolm. I already have this place on my list to go to this November. May consider a night time visit - thanks for that tip.

Paul & Nan

Paul and I will plan on being there.

petruca

Canadian Region Directors

Christine, just how OLD do you do you think we all are? :confused: Should be a great time at a great time of the year in Vegas.

Oops, I goofed…. The song "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard is not in the musical because Universal Music Group did not grant licenses for the song. However, the original recording is often played after curtain call.

ROCK OF AGES is melting faces 7 days a week at the Venetian in Las Vegas and features 28 epic 80s anthems. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. ROCK OF AGES takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair!

"We Built This City" by Starship
"Nothing But a Good Time" by Poison
"Keep On Lovin' You" by REO Speedwagon
"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
"Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx
"Renegade" by Styx
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry
"Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner
"Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benatar
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Heaven" by Warrant
"The Search is Over" by Survivor
"High Enough" by **** Yankees
"The Final Countdown" by Europe
"I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big
"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison
"Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot
"Any Way You Want It" by Journey
"Heat of the Moment" by Asia
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"More Than Words" by Extreme

You are “never too old/young” to enjoy songs like these! Christine

jbeletti

Oops, I goofed…. The song "Rock of Ages" by Def Leppard is not in the musical because Universal Music Group did not grant licenses for the song. However, the original recording is often played after curtain call.

ROCK OF AGES is melting faces 7 days a week at the Venetian in Las Vegas and features 28 epic 80s anthems. Set in L.A.'s infamous Sunset Strip in 1987, ROCK OF AGES tells the story of Drew, a boy from South Detroit and Sherrie, a small-town girl, both in L.A. to chase their dreams of making it big and falling in love. ROCK OF AGES takes you back to the times of big bands with big egos playing big guitar solos and sporting even bigger hair!

"We Built This City" by Starship
"Nothing But a Good Time" by Poison
"Keep On Lovin' You" by REO Speedwagon
"I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister
"Too Much Time on My Hands" by Styx
"Renegade" by Styx
"Oh Sherrie" by Steve Perry
"Waiting For a Girl Like You" by Foreigner
"Shadows of the Night" by Pat Benatar
"Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey
"Heaven" by Warrant
"The Search is Over" by Survivor
"High Enough" by **** Yankees
"The Final Countdown" by Europe
"I Want to Know What Love Is" by Foreigner
"Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake
"To Be With You" by Mr. Big
"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" by Poison
"Can't Fight This Feeling" by REO Speedwagon
"Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi
"Cum On Feel the Noize" by Quiet Riot
"Any Way You Want It" by Journey
"Heat of the Moment" by Asia
"Sister Christian" by Night Ranger
"More Than Words" by Extreme

You are “never too old/young” to enjoy songs like these! Christine

Got to add this to my November trip!

shelsay

We are planning on making this our first national rally--all days. Haven't been to Vegas since 1991. Glad this is scheduled for a "cooler" month.

Dave and Pat

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Well, we'd love to attend! Problem is, October is when Texas High Schools have their Band's Marching Contests. So there is no way Tony can take off. :(

Will be with you in spirit.

When we went to Vegas in 2010, we enjoyed our stay at Circus Circus KOA, walking distance to the Strip. Just were there a bad time of year (June), it was 112 degrees, so I totally understand why it's in October!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

navyAZ1

The Parrish's are planning on being there, then we'll hang around out west and spend our first winter in AZ!

Mrsfish

The Parrish's are planning on being there, then we'll hang around out west and spend our first winter in AZ!

on behalf of the Arizona chapter, I hope you are considering our winter 2017 rally at lake havisu. (Home of the London Bridge) It will be incredible and an area of Arizona you shouldn't miss. The rally is filling fast so check it out. We'd love to have you.