EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Albuquerque - 5/3/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Today's sunrise on opening day of the 2018 New Mexico HOC Rally at Albuquerque...

NMHOC18Sunrise-P5030997.jpg

Heading over for the infamous 'Nelly Muffins' in about an hour!

campcrew

Sandia Peak Tramway. The longest aerial tram in the United States. It is 2.7 miles long and took us 15 minutes to get to the top.
0c607070e86ae244d737d130c87256cf.jpg
9dbbd7f3d270b10edb139ec742a72254.jpg
9101be0cf0f494d4286ec4b511eee65d.jpg
1e865e4e9840977e04a991021ed27554.jpg
db45295e091cc07d238d6e80ca480d87.jpg
c0ea332c2c6bee8e123f74c14bd68b36.jpg
dd8234e7d7ed4de1724ce837fa992913.jpg
09a4331180d06e08369c48d38a6a51a4.jpg
e7fd6854eec161f24890d1a3e239d03d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Pokiejoe

Beautiful pics! What are Nellie muffins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi. We are having a great time. Nellie muffins are delicious. Nellie makes them to order with differ items to put in, microwaved and yummy. Will post some pictures later...

JohnD

Finally had a minuter to look through some photos...

More later!

NMHOC2016-P5012062.jpg NMHOC2016-P5022103.jpg

NMHOC2016-P5022105.jpg NMHOC2016-P5032146.jpg

NMHOC2016-P5032145.jpg NMHOC2016-P5032143.jpg

NMHOC2016-P5032160.jpg NMHOC2016-P5042291.jpg

I'll fill in the comments later, but if you feel the need to fill in the blanks, go right ahead!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Don & Vicky:
Congrats on hosting your first New Mexico Rally!
Wow what a super job you guys did and the attendance was outstanding!
It is Saturday evening and the last night of the Rally.
After a super Potluck, prizes after prizes and ending with
Frank & Ted's Tiki bar, what more could a Rally ask for!
I wish everyone a safe departure and return home or to your next destination!
The Pueblo Regional Rally will be in a few weeks and a some from this rally will be heading that way!
Can't wait to reunite with you again and greet all the others who will attend.
Safe Travels everyone!

Super job Don & Vicky!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Congratulations to Don And Vicky on a fun and entertaining first Rally. I had a great time and heard lots of praise for your efforts. Look forward to seeing you in Montrose. The New Mexico Chapter is growing and we look forward to your next one.

danemayer

Don and Vicky,

Thanks for putting on a wonderful rally. Food was great and there was a very good balance of scheduled activities and free time to socialize in smaller groups. The effort you put into planning things was very evident.

And thanks to Frank, et. al. for his role in the breakfast extravaganza.

Congratulations to JohnD on winning the 50/50. I think in Montrose he may have to do some giveback.:) Of course, that's assuming he survives Pueblo.

Ted_Dee

Don and Vicky,

Thanks for putting on a wonderful rally. Food was great and there was a very good balance of scheduled activities and free time to socialize in smaller groups. The effort you put into planning things was very evident.

And thanks to Frank, et. al. for his role in the breakfast extravaganza.

Congratulations to JohnD on winning the 50/50. I think in Montrose he may have to do some giveback.:) Of course, that's assuming he survives Pueblo.
Vicky and Don
Wow great job on your first rally. We had a wonderful time and looking forward to your next one. Met a lot of new friends and hopefully some votes.

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Arrived back at the ranch at 2:15 Sunday....nice drive and virtually no wind!
The Sundance is unloaded and I am drinking a nice cold bottle of Kombucha!
Hope everyone who left today had a safe journey to their next destination!
I know Don & Vicky are on the road and Safe Travels.

See you all in Pueblo!
The girls have convinced me on the long drive home to make a post later this evening
and leak one phase of the "Surprise" puzzle for the weeks activities. Don't blame me
as a kiss in the ear while driving is very convincing!

HJMichael

Hello,
Thank you Don and Vicky, you did a great job on your first rally. Thank you to all the people we met that made us feel welcome as new members and our first rally. Great times and great food. P.S. The Tiki Bar was the best. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.
It might have been our first but it won't be our last.
Thanks to All
H. J. and Mary

Pokiejoe

Sandia Peak Tramway. The longest aerial tram in the United States. It is 2.7 miles long and took us 15 minutes to get to the top.
0c607070e86ae244d737d130c87256cf.jpg
9dbbd7f3d270b10edb139ec742a72254.jpg
9101be0cf0f494d4286ec4b511eee65d.jpg
1e865e4e9840977e04a991021ed27554.jpg
db45295e091cc07d238d6e80ca480d87.jpg
c0ea332c2c6bee8e123f74c14bd68b36.jpg
dd8234e7d7ed4de1724ce837fa992913.jpg
09a4331180d06e08369c48d38a6a51a4.jpg
e7fd6854eec161f24890d1a3e239d03d.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting. It was a wonderful weekend!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hello,
Thank you Don and Vicky, you did a great job on your first rally. Thank you to all the people we met that made us feel welcome as new members and our first rally. Great times and great food. P.S. The Tiki Bar was the best. Looking forward to meeting up with everyone again.
It might have been our first but it won't be our last.
Thanks to All
H. J. and Mary

Thanks H.J. and Mary,
We had a wonderful time and we are so glad you came. See you again soon...

MountainDon

Thank you Don & Vickie!

This was our first rally and our first Heartland trip and we loved how down home everyone was, and how you made it so friendly - we hope to see more of you guys down the road.

We are grateful for all the help and friendly conversations from so many people, Thank all of you, it was truly astounding to us both!

Pokiejoe

Just want to say thank you to all of you who attended our first rally. We had a wonderful time and you guys helped make it that way. We were blessed with beautiful weather as well..Praise the Lord!! We so enjoyed the time we had with each of you and look forward to seeing you again. Safe travels and be blessed! You know the rally wouldn't be possible without all of you but we would like to thank John for taking all the pictures, Frank, Ted, & Ed for the breakfast meat, Jim & Kevin for the eggs, Nellie for her muffins, Mike & Kim for selling 50/50 tickets, all the help putting together the bags, Garry for his help the last few months. Sorry if we missed anyone but you know who you are, thanks so much. We will be looking for a rally venue for 2019 and will keep you posted...

Last edited:

jbeletti

It's Sunday evening as I type this - Nancy and I leave for home Monday morning around 9 am with Gregg Wibbels following us back to Colorado Springs.

We had a lot of fun at the rally and I wish to congratulate and thank Don and Vicky for a fun, well organized first rally! And Peanut too! It's my hope that you put on another one, somewhere in NM in 2019. Don't try to outdo yourselves. Be genuine and put on your rally :)

Frank B and team, thanks for the meat! Thanks too for bringing the Tiki Bar, I know a lot of folks stopped by to visit it.

John D - thanks for taking pics.

Garry G - thank you for your leadership and guidance.

Nelly W - thanks for making Nelly Muffins for the rally.

There were many others involved in the success of this rally - apologies that I don't know all the roles and names. Thank you!

And thank you to all the members (and the SOBs) that made this rally great. We do it for you and you showed up :) Please tell your friends, your neighbors, your kids etc. :) And especially tell every Heartland owner you encounter along your way about "your" amazing club.

Finally, I extracted Karen Bristol's "English Deviled Eggs" recipe from her tonight and with her permission, for those who enjoyed them, attached is the recipe. They were the ones with a touch of curry flavor - yum!

Attachments

• English Deviled Eggs.pdf
    38.6 KB · Views: 19

Pokiejoe

Thank you Don & Vickie!

This was our first rally and our first Heartland trip and we loved how down home everyone was, and how you made it so friendly - we hope to see more of you guys down the road.

We are grateful for all the help and friendly conversations from so many people, Thank all of you, it was truly astounding to us both!

It was great to meet you guys!!

Hello all,
I was great to meet all of you, and we would like to thank everyone for their hospitality. Don and Vickie, thanks for hosting. It was our first rally, so we really have nothing to compare it to, but ya'll did a great job. Take care, and safe travels to everyone!

P.S. DON - Cor-me-A HAHAHAHA, take care!

JohnD

What a great New Mexico HOC Rally!

Everyone was fantastic and I'm sure we all will meet again soon at an HOC Rally somewhere!

THANK YOU Don & Vicky for planning such a wonderful event!

Can't wait for the next one!

NMHOCALB2018Group-P5050004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.